Catholic Charities – Diocese of Toledo is seeking a full-time Finance Director. The Finance Director is responsible for the management of all Agency financial services and reporting. Financial services include, but are not limited to, annual Agency budget development and ongoing budget performance review; monthly general ledger transactions and financial statement preparation; grants accounting; payroll; accounts payable and accounts receivable management; cash management and other banking activity; coordination of all financial audits; monitoring of adherence to Agency financial policies and procedures.
- Maintains the Agency general ledger and accounts for separate program funding sources and expenses.
- Manages the Agency accounts payable and receivable accounts, investments and reserves accounts, bank deposits, withdrawals, reconciling of checking and bank accounts, while ensuring appropriate internal accounting controls.
- Oversight of semi-monthly payroll processing, in conjunction with our payroll services provider. Assures timely filing of all appropriate reports for employee compensation and benefit plans.
- In collaboration with the Finance personnel, develops, administers and monitors the Agency budget and programs detail.
- Produces a variety of financial reports for Agency stakeholders.
- Performs balance sheet and grant funding reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Manages the annual financial audit, in collaboration with external auditors. Also leads all financial audits initiated by funding sources.
- Provides ongoing financial training to all personnel, related to source document preparation (primarily purchase orders, expense reports and personnel time sheets), as well as Agency financial policies and procedures.
- Supervises a Senior Staff Accountant, Grant Writing Specialist, Finance Support Specialist, and Grant Accountant.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with an Accounting major; five years of relevant Accounting experience (supervisory experience preferred); maintain a current driver’s license, with the ability to travel within the Diocese of Toledo; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to learn and effectively use Agency financial software; ability to work flexible hours (some weekend and evening hours may be necessary); successful BCI/FBI background check prior to employment and every five years. Hybrid work environment option is available.
Catholic Charities serves the poor, speaks out for and assists the neglected and forgotten, while respecting and promoting life from beginning to end and nurturing and supporting individuals and families. Please submit a resume to: email@example.com.
Employment will go to those individuals whose knowledge, skills, and experience most closely qualifies them for the position offered without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or national origin