Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism located in Whitehouse, Ohio, is seeking a Development Specialist to support our Development Director to plan, develop, and maintain a comprehensive fund-raising program. This position will work Monday through Friday, with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The Development Specialist will provide support essential to the daily functioning and success of the development department including:
- Implementation of the comprehensive development program and associated marketing strategies
- Maintain donor and prospect records in eTapestry donor management software to include data entry, gift acknowledgement and reporting
- Plan, manage, and execute donor recognition events, employee appreciation events, and other events as requested
- Identify, define, and acquire funding resources available
- Assist with seeking new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors in conjunction with Development Director
- Coordinate/train volunteers
- Develop strategies for and coordinate all fund-raising activities at Bittersweet in keeping with organization mission and core values
- Maintain contact with organization’s staff regarding programs and plans
- Maintain and update communication channels (websites, mass mailings, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge about the external environment as it relates to organizations that serve individuals with developmental disabilities
- Perform related development activities/efforts at the request of the Development Director
- The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in nonprofit Development
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and donor management system preferred such as eTapestry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with eligibility to be insured.
- Exceptional customer service skills, ability to multi-task, problem-solve, high attention to detail, excellent writing skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload
To Apply online: