Durable Medical Equipment Technician
The Ability Center
Durable Medical Equipment Technician
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Minimum starting pay $18/hr
The Ability Center (ACT) is a non-profit Center for Independent Living. Together, we will work to make our community the most disability friendly in the nation by increasing independence for people with disabilities, discovering true passions, and changing the community’s perception of disability.
The Durable Medical Equipment (DME)Technician is responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and stocking durable medical equipment. This position is also responsible for delivery and assembly of durable medical equipment and supplies within our service area. When making deliveries, this role educates the consumer and/or caregiver on use, maintenance, and benefits of the equipment. This position requires a high-level of customer service, and will provide information and resources to consumers and providers.
• Will be responsible for picking up donated durable medical equipment from main building daily.
• Is the primary person responsible for cleaning, and disinfecting equipment using HUBSCRUB cleaning system.
• Will tag, and stock durable medical equipment, and track the inventory levels.
• Update inventory levels in database system based on donations, loans, and gifting.
• Ensure the warehouse space/loan closet is clean, well-organized, and accessible.
• Will drive company vehicles for pickup and delivery of equipment in our service area.
• Completes delivery and pickup paperwork promptly and accurately. • Demonstrates timeliness, and patience when working with consumers, providing instruction on the proper use of equipment.
• May be asked to load and unload equipment from consumer vehicles.
• Update driver logs and maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicles.
• May be asked to handle consumer calls and support the Navigator call center as needed.
• Will occasionally work with walk-in consumers to complete an intake for services.
• Maintain thorough understanding of service needs of persons with disabilities and programs available in the community.
• Maintain effective and positive working relationships with all employees.
• May be required to attend Ability Center trainings, events, outside community events, and seminars.
• Document all consumer contact information in consumer database according to required guidelines.
Qualifications: High school graduate or GED equivalence. Experience with durable medical equipment (DME) and equipment delivery a plus. This position will involve time spent driving a company vehicle, and loading/unloading equipment in the community. Prefer experience in a healthcare setting and some knowledge of medical terminology. Must be a self-starter, who can work independently, organize work, and pay close attention to detail. Able to follow a schedule, and complete tasks with deadlines. Good oral and written communication skills. Must have excellent customer relations skills. Must have a neat, clean personal appearance, be in good physical condition, and able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must pass an MVR, physical exam, background check, and drug screen.
Essential Physical Demands: The essential physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may frequently move from one office space to another, meeting spaces, and from one building to another. The employee may have to move office items/equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Will stoop bend, reach, stretch, push, and pull items daily. Must be able to carry or lift light to medium weight equipment or furniture. The employee will climb up and down ladders, use hand tools to fix equipment, mix chemical solutions for cleaning, and use HUBSCRUB cleaning system. The employee will operate a personal and/or company owned vehicle and travel within the service area.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Voluntary Life
- Employer paid Life Insurance/LTD/AD&D
- 401(K) match up to 4%, additional 2% after 1 year
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal day
- Paid parental leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
At the Ability Center, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of belonging by changing perceptions, and discovering true passions. Our employees are our most valuable asset.
Your life experiences, self-expression, and unique capabilities represents our team, and the diverse communities we serve.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer.
The Ability Center is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
Please visit the careers page of our website to apply or fax resume to 419-885-5005.