Preferred Properties, Inc. (P2) is a not for profit housing development and property management agency that serves individuals with developmental disabilities and senior populations throughout the Toledo region. P2 is looking to expand its Property Management department with the addition of a Part-Time Service Coordinator position.
Position Summary: The position will provide supportive service coordination to residents of properties located in Toledo, Whitehouse and Wauseon, Ohio (with the potential for additional properties at a later date), for the purpose of connecting residents to supportive services and programs available within the community. The coordinator will serve as a liaison between residents and service programs.
General Qualifications: An Associate’s degree or two years of advanced education in human services, social work, or related field; four years of related work experience can be substituted for educational requirements; Familiarity with social service programs and agencies throughout the Greater Toledo region; Strong communication and organizational skills; Ability to travel to multiple properties. Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance and clean driving record needed; Experience working with special needs populations preferable.
- Advise and assist residents in identifying community resources that can be used to achieve greater self-sufficiency and improve quality of life.
- Act as a liaison and advocate between residents and community resources. Develop relationships with community service organizations and government agencies in order to create a network for residents to access needed services. Make referrals and help residents contact services.
- Work to foster a sense of community among all residents. Continuously serve as a resource for the association and liaison between the residents and property managers/owners.
- Coordinate special programming for residents to improve their knowledge of health, wellness, financial literacy and various other topics, including planning and marketing guest speakers and resident events throughout the apartment communities.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to all residents.
- Create mechanisms to monitor and evaluate service delivery and perform evaluation of resident’s satisfaction with service coordination, and adjust coordination plan to ensure resident needs are being met.
- Establish regular hours for on-site visits to each property and be available to interact with and assist residents.
This position is part-time (20 hours/week) with an hourly wage. Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com with the subject “Service Coordination” by Wednesday, 02/19/2020. EOE