Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator, Communications and Engagement
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time
Please submit applications directly on the Toledo Museum of Art website http://www.toledomuseum.org/jobs.
Since our founding in 1901, the Toledo Museum of Art has earned a global reputation for the quality of our collection, our innovative and extensive education programs, and our architecturally significant campus.
And thanks to the benevolence of its founders, as well as the continued support of its members, TMA remains a privately endowed, non-profit institution and opens its collection to the public, free of charge.
Develops engagement opportunities for the staff as well as communications for the Human Resources department. The person in this role will be the primary point of contact for deliverables of human resources practices including, Family Medical Leave (FML) tracking, new hire onboarding, off boarding, HR compliance and audit, internal HR communications and employee engagement projects. In addition, responsibilities will include supporting HR leadership on projects as needed. Commitment to exceptional employee experience and quality excellence is essential to this role.
- Responds to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provides assistance.
- Redirects HR related calls or distributes correspondence to the appropriate person of the team.
- Creates, coordinates, and manages HR communications, all staff meeting announcements and newsletters.
- Maintains records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves of absence, turnover rates, etc.) in both paper and the database and ensures all employment requirements are met.
- Supports the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates and performing background checks.
- Assists supervisors with performance management procedures.
- Manages the FML process.
- Schedules meetings, interviews, HR events, etc., and maintains the team’s agenda.
- Coordinates training sessions, employee resources groups, engagement activities and seminars.
- Performs orientations, onboarding, and offboarding.
- Produces and submit reports on general HR activity, assists in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employees’ feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Reports to Director of Human Resources and works as a member of the Human Resources team
- Works collaboratively with department managers
- Builds a rapport with all staff
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a human resources setting.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, HR reports, pivot tables, charts, interpretation and data visualization and presentation.
- Experience with multi-faceted, cross-functional and highly visible projects.
- Strong planning, organizing, communication and self-management.
Standard office environment requiring regular use of phone, computer and copy machines. Position requires ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, and phone system. Standard office environment with related phone, computer, and printer noise.
The Toledo Museum of Art provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against I employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes the Museum is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (567)-666-0387.