Accounts Payable/Receivable/Payroll Specialist
Beach House Inc., dba Leading Families Home is a 501(c)3 charity serving the Toledo area community for nearly 100 years. We provide resources to support homeless families as they transition to permanent housing. Our Mission is helping families transition from homelessness to permanent housing with the Vision of building a better future for our community by providing life-changing resources. Leading Families Home serves over 1,000 individuals annually, including children.
Our environment is challenging and collaborative. You will have the opportunity to work with individuals dedicated to making a positive impact in our participant’s lives and our community. We are seeking a Full-Time Accounts Payable/Receivable/Payroll Specialist. The position is responsible for handling the organization’s bills and managing our account payable ledger. The successful candidate will be tasked with receiving, opening, and logging invoices on the ledger, as well as other duties including payroll processing, research payments, preparation of bank deposits, and preparation and issuing of monthly rents and utilities reimbursements.
Experience: 3+ years of accounts payable/receivable/payroll experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment. Working knowledge of Great Plains accounting software preferred. Must be highly proficient in advanced excel, word, PowerPoint, Microsoft teams.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
Duties: Up to 40 hours weekly to complete the following:
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Set up invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into systems
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with monthly closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Maintain confidentiality or organizational information
- Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any discrepancies
- Prepare payroll records for data transfer to third party payroll vendor
- Tracking, maintenance, updating of pay periods, hourly wages, salaries, overtime, sick days, and vacation days of employees
- Initiate direct deposit information
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department transfers
- Maintain employee confidentiality and protect payroll operations
- Maintain compliance policies and procedures
- Create monthly rent check upload spreadsheet, upload and process rental payments to landlords
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature while ensuring safe, professional, and supportive environment
- Maintains employee records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
- Develop and implement databases in accordance with internal policies and confidentiality
- Work with various departments for expense payments, research, understand data collection needs, reporting needs,
- Willingness to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Ensures deadlines are met on a consistent basis
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance on identified outcome measures
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies and demonstrates continued growth
- Demonstrate knowledge of Leading Families Home and other paperwork standards and ensures compliance with regulatory standards
- Ensure compliance with HUD, TLCHB, City of Toledo, funders, board of directors, OMHAS and CARF standards
- Demonstrates the ability to proactively plan, work, and proceed with a task with limited instruction
- Willingly steps up to take on new responsibilities or to help a co-worker complete a task
- Works collaboratively with fellow employees and other to achieve identified goals and objectives
- Communicates effective, both verbal and in writing. Share information and demonstrate ability to listen openly and empathetically to others
- Contributes of a positive work environment by treating others with fairness and respect
- Support the relationship between the agency and the community by demonstrating respectful, courteous, and cooperative behavior when interacting with participants, visitors, and other employees
- Comply with agency policies and procedures
- Contributes to fulfilling the agency’s mission, vision, and core values by implementing them into daily practice
- Knowledge of the principles of health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA); Privacy and Security Rules and other Federal and State laws regarding confidentiality and storage of health information
- Actively looking for ways to help people
- Adjusting actions in relation to other’s actions
- Effective management of one’s own and other’s time; assessing and prioritizing tasks and working within deadlines to complete tasks
- Repetitive finger movements for entering data into computer
- Requires minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Requires high level of technical skills: computer databases, excel, word, Microsoft platform, data analysis applications, data entry
- Understanding of basic accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, journal, reconciliation
- Must have valid Driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and deemed insurable
Reports to: Finance Director
- Simple IRA
- IRA Matching
- Full range of benefits available with full-time status
Schedule: Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Company’s website: www.lfhtoledo.org
Work Remotely: With approval of supervisor
Physical demands described are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in facilities with multiple levels and without elevator or mechanical transportation,
- Operates a computer and keyboard/repetitive finger movement.
Working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Smoke-free working environment
- Drug and alcohol-free working environment
- Weapons free working environment
- Adheres to Beach House, Inc.’s policies and procedures
- Acts as a role model inside and outside of the organization
- Performs other duties deemed necessary for the benefit of Beach House, Inc.
Beach House, Inc. dba Leading Families Home is an equal employment opportunity employer that selects the individual who is the best match for a position based on job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, religion, sexual preference, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status.
This position description is not intended to be a completed list of all responsibilities, duties or a skill required for the job and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Beach House, Inc. dba Leading Families Home and contractual obligations.
Like most American employers, LFH does not offer employees formal contracts of employment. Rather all employment is “at will,” meaning that either you or the Company may end your employment at any time for any reason.