SUMMARY: Assists the accounting department with the accounts payable and clerical functions.
- Minimum Associates degree in Business/Accounting preferred or commensurate experience.
- Three to five years of office and financial experience required with proficiency in accounting software
- Microsoft Office suite including, Excel, and Word.
- Previous accounts payable, healthcare, non-profit, payroll, grants funding experience highly preferred.
- Extensive digital and original documentation processing experience required.
- Experience with financial audits desired.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares expense requests for a multi-divisional and braided funding structure model.
- After approval, process expense requests in accounting and banking systems as check payments or electronic payments
- Reviews relevant documentation support and approval prior to payment
- Prints and obtains signatures on all AP documents
- Answers all vendor inquiries – Obtains and maintains all vendor files including W9s and EFT forms.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and accounts payable files
- Assists Controller, Assistant Controller, HR with payroll as necessary
- Assists in monthly closings and providing documentation required by various funders and divisions.
- Prepares analysis of accounts and funds as required – assists staff and vendors with proof of payment
- Performs filing, scanning, digital, and physical storage (required in office) of all accounts’ payable documents
- Assists with annual audits and funder audits
- Complete correspondence as needed
- Assists with mailings and general clerical work
- Assists management and project directs as needed and volunteers services as needed
- Other duties as required
HCNO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities and qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefit package.