- Reports to and assists Controller with daily and monthly responsibilities. This position is responsible for daily transactional recording and reporting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash transactions, bank reconciliations and general ledger analysis. Reconciles balance sheet accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and process all vendor invoices into Sage MIP Abila, print report to verify accuracy.
- Prints detailed aging, compiles cash report, prints computer checks approved for payment, check register, and update check register worksheet noting any voided checks.
- Assist with invoicing clients and insurance billing.
- Processes account receivable receipts for individual clients and insurance remittances, print reports to verify accuracy.
- Research claims denied for payment.
- Monitor accounts receivable using detailed aging reports; call clients with past due balances and document conversations in software, compile documents for any write offs.
- Reconcile insurance receivable billing software to accounting software using Excel worksheets.
- Process permanent cancel clients and bad debt clients by updating all software.
- Reconcile bank transactions daily to accounting software.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly by updating detailed Excel worksheets compared to the general ledger.
- Review client new starts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Documentation, research and resolution skills
- Function with a high degree of independence, integrity and confidentiality
- Must be able to prioritize multitasks and be organized
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Good communication
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong computer skills (especially Word and Excel)
- Detail oriented and has the ability to work independently.
- Prefer three years of general accounting experience
- Audit preparation and experience helpful
- Professional claims processing experience helpful
- Medical Health Insurance
- 403B Employer Match
- Paid time off
Interested candidates, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please