Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, and health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site. For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
The job of Accounting Specialist was established for the purpose/s of performing a variety of financial activities including processing, recording, updating and reconciling fiscal information as well as analyzing expenditures against budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must display knowledge and understanding of accounting and auditing principles, practices and procedures
- Knowledge in financial and statistical record-keeping techniques
- Ability to prepare comprehensive accounting reports and utilize computer applications, particularly electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. reports, procedures, transmittals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information and/or complying with financial, legal and administrative requirements.
- Work with the CFO to document payments and expenditures and prepare progress reports.
- Promote and monitor compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations governing federal and state healthcare programs, fraud and abuse matters, ethics, privacy, security, and board governance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. Experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Must be highly organized and manage time effectively.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS Office Applications.
This is a full-time salary position, Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays
Excellent benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, PTO and 10 paid holidays.
This is an on-site position, located in Toledo, OH, and is not available to be worked remotely.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.