The Sofia Quintero Art and Cultural Center (SQACC) is a nonprofit based in the Old South End of Toledo that works to serve and share the Latino culture through art, cuisine, and agriculture (sectors). The Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with all staff to help fulfill the mission SQACC. This position is key in supporting day-to-day operations so other team members can focus on their sectors. We are looking for administrative assistance that will support and SQACC grow.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the team and Board of Trustees which includes scheduling, phone calls, meeting prep, event set up and more.
- General administrative duties which includes written and verbal communication, customer service, reports, and maintaining an appropriate database and filing system.
- Office management duties which includes tracking and ordering supplies/inventory, troubleshooting technology problems, cleanliness and organization of the properties and coordinating with outside vendors for services.
Contribute to a strong organization:
- Prepare and represent SQACC at networking and community events.
- Greet visitors and community members and help with questions.
- Assist in the planning of fundraisers, events and rentals as well as handle registration, contracts, and set up.
- May need to run errands or deliveries (associated with SQACC work)
- Support programs by offering research, and collecting and entering program data, attendance logs, etc.
- Assist the Executive Director on special projects.
- Organize and create written content for social media, Constant Contact, print, and website to ensure SQACC is sharing continuous and current information. (Not responsible graphic design).
- Manage income categories such as deposits, sales, and collections as well as expense categories such as bills, cash bags for events, etc.
- Handle and manage HR duties such as timesheets and Paid Time Off.
- Work with our Bookkeeper on special projects, grant funding or other requests.
Skills and Requirements
- 2 years of experience with preference given to those with a nonprofit background.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is preferred.
- A self-motivator with strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications such as, GoogleDocs, Gmail, Calendar is required.
- Experience with Constant Contact (or similar marketing platform) is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to travel within the state.
- Some moderate lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be required.
- Ability to identify a problem and research and/or enlist resources to solve problems.
- Due to the nature of our work, this position may be asked to become ServSafe Certified (financial support and training will be offered).
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.
Are we a good fit for you? We are a small team of 5 that are spread throughout our properties. We like to brainstorm, share ideas, talk and laugh. We can be a fast-paced environment with staff in and out of the office. This position will work closely with our Executive Director who works quickly and has multiple projects going on at once. Since we are a small team, we each have our primary job duties, but help each other when needed whether it’s setting up, offering an idea, or helping with a program. This position and the Executive Director are the only 2 Administrative positions. We have an open office set up with lots of color, plants, and art. We have a diverse board who offer a variety of expertise in marketing, finance, business and more. SQACC is looking for someone to work with and help support the Executive Director and office, even taking and managing some projects individually.
Reports to and works closely with: Executive Director
Hours: 32-40 hours per week, in office (We are open to a 32-hour schedule if needed)
Pay Range: $18.00-$19.50 per hour
Benefits: SQACC does not offer health insurance at this time. Other benefits include, paid time off, paid lunch hour, and flex time.
For questions, please email [email protected], no phone calls please. Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] / The position will remain open until filled.