The successful candidate will have compassion and empathy for the Cherry Street community. She/he should be a spiritually mature Christian who is able to work with a wide range of people. She/he should have a high energy level and a readiness to take on a significant challenge. The purpose of Cherry Street Mission Ministries should energize this person. We are seeking a leader of deep personal faith, in agreement theologically with Cherry Street. The right individuals will have the ability to think and act decisively with purpose and integrity. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and those living in poverty in your community.
Individual Contributor – this role does not have any management or lead responsibilities
To help create an environment and life development opportunities that promotes redemption in a person’s life. This position is responsible for intake to the Ready for Life Program; assessments, guidance in Guest’s self-directed plan, internal and external referrals for care and services, support groups, and support team and maintaining an atmosphere that supports life transformation while providing excellent customer service to our guests.
- Responsible for engaging with Guests and intake to Ready for Life Program; assessments, self-directed plans, and referral to internal and external care and services, and serving on the multi-support team
- Lead daily support groups
- Coordinate and oversee volunteer opportunities with Volunteer department
- Upholding organizational policies and procedures
- Oversee the cleanliness of the facility by managing and assisting Guests in building services
- Oversee safety and security by engaging with individuals coming in/out of the facility
- Assist in POS during meal times
- Report emergency situations and incident reporting
- Oversee guest and volunteer check-in and attendance
- Identify facility problems and place work orders as necessary
- Model life transformation for guests by attending church regularly, maintaining an active worship and prayer life, studying God’s word, and leading with Christ-like behavior at all times. Provides spiritual guidance to guests as needed.
- Support organization by relentlessly upholding the mission, vision, core values and reputation of Cherry Street Mission Ministries in both behavior and speech
- Attend and complete all Cherry Street Mission Ministries trainings and mandatory staff meetings when offered
- Work routinely requiring team work and cooperation with individuals and groups
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education, Training or Special Courses – Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum related work experience – 2 to 5 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- One on one communication
- Participate in meetings
- Conduct meetings or lead group discussions
- Make formal presentations/public speaking
- Advise, consult, provide counsel
- Persuade, negotiate, influence
- Experience with training and supervising people to achieve a motivated workforce
- Positive and pleasant demeanor that reflects maturity and professionalism
- Experience in providing high quality customer service
Equipment/Personal Protective Equipment Used
Licenses, Certificates, and Other Requirements
- Comfortable working with computers and able to learn and use software programs
- As a condition of employment, each team member is required to agree to the Cherry Street Mission Ministries Statement of Faith
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
SUBMIT your resume and application HERE.