Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Assists the Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving in the planning and coordinating of Alumni Association activities and engagements. The responsibilities include support the staff in the development and execution of alumni events as well as clerical support for the office.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Coordinate registration and check-in processes for alumni events. Compile summaries of costs, attendee demographics, and post-event evaluations in support of goals and desired outcomes.
- Assist the Alumni Engagement staff with all aspects of planning on-site or off-site engagement events.
- Assist with organizing and executing large alumni engagements, including annual events and events linked to Athletics. Work directly with alumni and guests to confirm/communicate specific requests/needs to coordinate desired accommodations. Work with the Alumni Engagement staff to determine bus/airline location, seat location, and special needs/specific seat assignment and ensure proper seating.
- Create and assemble travel packets, including all required passes and assignments for events and coordinate volunteers for those events.
- Ensure all credit cards, cash, and internet transactions for reservations are processed and balanced daily.
- Serve as team lead for answering office phone during business hours, managing the office e-mail inboxes, sorting, and distributing daily mail, and reserving meeting spaces for the Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving Team.
- Maintain calendar of alumni engagements for planning amongst the staff and the Foundation.
- Serve as backup for Membership Secretary and Executive Assistant and Alumni Relations Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of related work experience, Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred; equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- Previous experience in planning and coordinating of events; preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of constituents including alumni, students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community representatives.
- High level of computer skills including Microsoft Office and other integrated software products.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UTF and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website for more details and how to apply!