Title: Aquatics Director
Branch: Frank and Shirley Dick Family YMCA
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many people we guide, teach, and protect every day. As leaders in the health and wellness field, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on our community. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you’ll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There’s our fun, challenging work environment. There’s the awesome team and supportive organization. You’ll find that everyone in YMCA of Greater Toledo has the same goal: to prepare people for success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, Nurturing, Positive…we’re not just saying it. You’ll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and in accordance with Association policies, the Aquatics Director is responsible for the leadership and advancement of the Aquatics programming for the Frank and Shirley Dick Family YMCA. This position will be accountable for the development and implementation of innovative curriculum and activities, supervise, guide and develop staff to ensure that participant’s development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment, and ensure program outcomes are consistently achieved.
The Aquatics Director must possess a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education/experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years of successful program development and management experience. The incumbent will have a high level of knowledge and demonstrated competence in the areas of aquatics programming. Appropriate aquatic certifications are required. He/she should have a positive history of leadership in the areas of staff, volunteer and program development, fiscal budgeting and management, and operational procedures. Team Leader Certification preferred. Proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions independently. Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; public speaking, capacity to prepare reports, conduct training programs, create policies and guidelines, proven financial development experience and skills. Will possess competent computer skills in the Windows environment as well as the YMCAs operating software.
- Ensures that daily care of members, teens and families is a key priority through supervision of staff and volunteers in accordance with the organization’s policies, mission and applicable laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays based upon the needs of the YMCA.
- Will ensure data within the Y-Improvement model is accurate and up to date. Will be accountable for meeting or exceeding target conditions related to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the safe operation of the Wolf Creek YMCA.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist in the implementation of aquatics staff in-service programs by providing direction, leadership, support, and efficiencies for team members through strategic planning, administrative standardization, registration, quality standards, and risk management according to the YMCA of Greater Toledo’s Aquatics Standards.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans and utilizes the Y Improvement Model.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations as well as current ADA guidelines. Working with the leadership at both branches, ensures proper maintenance of pools is taking place.
- Maintain all Association standards and guidelines while ensuring that updated documentation is met and available at all times.
- Provide direction for swim team, ensuring the pools are equipped with appropriate staff and all safety requirements are maintained.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Participates as a member of the program management team meetings and has an active role as Manager On Duty as scheduled.
- Act as a mentor to the Aquatics staff in the areas of programming, leadership, and staff development. Ensures staff are trained and prepared to achieve the desired program outcomes.
- Develops and monitors department budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Participates with staff team to ensure that target goals for annual membership & staff satisfactions surveys are met.
- Have an active role and assist in the Annual Campaign.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you’ll be helping kids with homework and the next you’ll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don’t be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA’s excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. or apply apply at https://ymcatoledo.applicantpro.com/jobs/2911170.html
If interested, please submit resume electronically to Tim Wilson [email protected] or apply at https://ymcatoledo.applicantpro.com/jobs/2911170.html