Direct all aspects of assigned alumni affiliates, chapters and general alumni engagement activities to include such areas as; budget, communication materials, programming/events and volunteer management. Manage and coordinate all aspects of assigned alumni affiliates, chapters and general alumni engagement activities.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Independently manage and coordinate all aspects of assigned alumni affiliates, chapters and general alumni activities, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Prepare and complete management of budgets for each organization and event.
- Develop and supervise organizational leadership including succession planning for each organization and/or event.
- Generate and implement programming ideas for each organization and/or event.
- Create and manage the marketing and financing for all functions including print and electronic materials.
- Supervise all volunteers involved with assigned affiliates, chapters and general alumni engagement activities.
- Collaborate with development, alumni engagement and annual giving staff to identify and cultivate potential donors and volunteers.
- Solicit annual and lifetime memberships to the Alumni Association.
- Solicit and/or renew annual giving support from event attendees when appropriate.
- Attend all Alumni Association Board of Trustee meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred. Two+ yrs experience in alumni engagement, marketing, special event planning, public relations, development/fund raising or related field. Professional experience in budgeting, managing volunteers and working with and in front of large crowds. Exceptional verbal, written, and marketing skills. Position involves frequent travel, including nights and weekends, and requires a valid driver’s license.
Held accountable for:
- Meeting goals for assigned affiliates, chapters and events as established in The Alumni Association Strategic Plan.
- Maintaining good relationships with constituents, which includes, but is not limited to, volunteers and University and community representatives
- Developing budgets for assigned groups/events and operating within those guidelines
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success.
- Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UToledo Foundation and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to: Provide quality customer service. Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions. Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills. Function in a confidential manner. Collaborate with other staff.