POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
REPORTS TO: Director of Alumni Engagement
FLSA CLASIFICATION: Exempt
Direct all aspects of assigned alumni affiliates, chapters and general alumni engagement activities to include such areas as; budget, communication materials, programming/events and volunteer management.
Manage and coordinate all aspects of assigned alumni affiliates, chapters and general alumni engagement activities.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Independently manage and coordinate all aspects of assigned alumni affiliates, chapters and general alumni activities, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Prepare and complete management of budgets for each organization and event.
- Develop and supervise organizational leadership including succession planning for each organization and/or event.
- Generate and implement programming ideas for each organization and/or event.
- Create and manage the marketing and financing for all functions including print and electronic materials.
- Supervise all volunteers involved with assigned affiliates, chapters and general alumni engagement activities.
- Collaborate with development, alumni engagement and annual giving staff to identify and cultivate potential donors and volunteers.
- Solicit annual and lifetime memberships to the Alumni Association.
- Solicit and/or renew annual giving support from event attendees when appropriate.
- Attend all Alumni Association Board of Trustee meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of professional experience in alumni engagement, marketing, special event planning, public relations or development/fund raising.
- Budgeting experience.
- Must have the ability to work with and in front of large crowds which includes introducing University administrators and members of the University Board of Trustees.
- Must have extensive verbal, written and marketing skills.
- Position involves frequent travel, including nights and weekends, and requires a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage volunteers.
- Held accountable for:
- Meeting goals for assigned affiliates, chapters and events as established in annual Alumni Engagement strategic plan.
- Maintaining good relationships with constituents, which includes, but is not limited to, volunteers and University and community representatives
- Developing budgets for assigned groups/events and operating within those guidelines
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of the Foundation and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.