The Wood County Historical Society seeks a dynamic, well-organized individual, with strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills to assist with events and outreach to promote the mission of the Wood County Historical Society and tourism to the Wood County Museum.
Essential Functions include:
- Coordinate and/or oversee logistics and volunteers for community outreach activities such as fairs, festivals, farmers’ markets, or parades.
- Assist museum staff with on-site event logistics. This may include, but is not limited to, set-up, tear-down, and clean-up.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with events and/or museum tours. This may include supervision of court-appointed community service. Maintain a volunteer database and appropriate files.
- Coordinate event details with the museum’s Marketing & Events Coordinator.
- Work with Society and Museum staff to coordinate fundraising efforts.
- A minimum of one year experience in events management, the event services industry, volunteer coordination, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Experience with non-profit organizations a plus.
- Requires a valid State of Ohio driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the ability to travel within Wood County.
- Must pass a background check and be free of any felony charges.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills; ability to demonstrate sound judgment; works well under pressure; successfully handles multiple and conflicting priorities to overcome unforseen obstacles and execute events positively for the public.
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy; can work within timelines.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, and self-directed, but with a collaborative style that fosters teamwork and cooperation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide instruction and direction to others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of spreadsheets and database functionality a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and move tables, chairs, etc. for events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings.
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately using a cash register.
- Display integrity, discretion, and confidentiality in regards to the organization, its mission, members, and donors.
This job requires a flexible 20 hours per week schedule that may vary depending on deadlines and time-sensitive tasks, including some weekends and evenings. This is a regular part-time position of the Wood County Historical Society, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) community organization. The employee will report to the Wood County Historical Society President or his/her designee and will assist with duties outlined by the Museum Director and the Museum Marketing & Events Coordinator as appropriate and needed.
The Assistant Events Coordinator is a position with the Wood County Historical Society. Its employees do not receive any compensation or benefits from Wood County. This position does not receive benefits from the Wood County Historical Society.
Pay rate is $15 per hour with pay raise consideration after 90 days.
The Wood County Museum is an educational tourist attraction and community resource annually serving over 14,000 visitors, students, and adult learners through tours, events, and educational outreach. The museum is managed jointly by the Wood County Commissioners, the Wood County Historical Society, and the Wood County Park District.
Applications should include a one-page letter of intent and interest, a current resume, and three reference contacts. Paper and electronic PDF submissions accepted.
Application deadline is: August 19, 2022.
Wood County Museum
ATTN: Search Committee – Asst. Events Coord.
13660 County Home Rd.
Bowling Green, OH 43402
E-mailed submissions should be in PDF format and sent to [email protected] with “ATTN: Search Committee – Asst. Events Coord.” in the subject line.