|Location: SAME Café Toledo
Main Public Library
325 N Michigan St, Toledo, OH
|Job Title: Café Coordinator|
|Reports To: Executive Director / Executive Chef||Compensation: $20-22 per/hr|
|Type Of Position: Full Time, Non-exempt. Days, nights, weekends, and offsite events are required.||Incentives: Vacation accrual, optional health, dental, and eye insurance coverage at an 80/20 premium split|
The Café Coordinator is responsible for daily operations of SAME Café by utilizing volunteers to ensure a welcoming and safe environment. This position will be expected to share the mission of SAME to all guests and volunteers and explain how guests can choose to participate for a meal. The Café Coordinator will coordinate daily scheduled and drop-in volunteers, ensure set-up and clean-up of the Café while working directly with the culinary team. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adapt to the needs of our many diverse volunteers and guests.
In this position you will often be required to lift up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, go up and down steps, and work in extreme temperatures, and work with the other staff to deescalate guests and volunteers.
Timeline: ASAP (Accepting applications until the position is filled.)
ABOUT SAME CAFÉ
SAME Café creates community through healthy food access and is the longest running nonprofit restaurant in the country! We provide healthy meals to everyone, regardless of ability to pay. Each guest who comes through the door is treated exactly the same and orders from the daily-changing menu and then participates in the mission by donating time, money, or produce.
After nearly 15 years of serving meals to guests experiencing food insecurity in Denver, we are thrilled to be expanding nationally, starting with SAME Café Toledo!
- Assist in all daily set up, food prep, cleaning, and closing procedures
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and orienting all levels of volunteerism
- Check in, document and process all produce and product donations
- Assist in monitoring Café cleanliness, food levels, and suitability of volunteers to participate
- Ensure opening and end of day tasks are completed and record money with a staff member or volunteer
- Manage assignments, paperwork, and waivers related to all volunteers
- Send monthly thank you notes to volunteers
- Assist the Executive Director with volunteer data tracking and impact reporting
- Occasional evening, catering shifts, and off site events required
- Other duties as assigned
Cook to Work Program
- Work with other staff to train participants in the C2W modules
- Work with other staff to oversee and guide participants through modules
- Work with other staff to record hours and report data to Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
ABOUT QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
SAME is looking for candidates who are passionate about creating a nurturing and welcoming environment for our entire community, including those facing significant hardships. The right person for this job is patient, creative, self-motivated, attentive to detail, calm under pressure, and a skilled coworker.
The most successful candidates will have:
- Desire to work to create community
- Willingness to engage trauma informed care training
- Willingness to learn to work within a busy commercial kitchen
- Experience in working with underserved populations
- Bilingual skills
- Willingness to get ServSafe food handlers certified
If you are employed by So All May Eat / SAME Café you would be working with diverse groups of people from all walks of life and varying socioeconomic backgrounds. As an inclusive space, we welcome community members who are currently experiencing or have experienced homelessness, addiction, individuals who need to complete community service requirements, and those who are neuro-diverse. SAME Café partners with schools to provide experiences and internships for middle school, highschool, college and graduate students.
So All May Eat / SAME Café values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
So All May Eat / SAME Café is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Selected candidates will be asked to do two interviews. The first interview will be with the Toledo Executive Director Cory Wolin and SAME CEO Brad Reubendale. The second interview will include the SAME Café team. A third interview and small project may also be required.
Candidates who are selected to participate in a 2nd interview will be compensated at $22/hr for the second interview (as well as the third interview and project, if required).