The Camp RN is under the general supervision of the Lead RN, Recreation Director, and related Directors. The Camp RN is responsible for the ethical and professional administration of all medication and health-related activities for individuals enrolled in the summer camp program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required to follow and implement all established COVID-19 protocols. These protocols are under constant revision as new research and recommendations come forward.
Review the health needs of each camper and ensure that follow-up treatment and activities are available and completed according to physicians’ orders.
- Ensure physicians’ orders are available and on file at the Camp office.
- Ensure medication administration and treatment activities are documented according to procedure.
- Keep parents and staff informed of the campers’ medical, physical and emotional progress and/or needs.
Assist and coordinate basic health-related activities with the camp staff for campers according to their ongoing and immediate health needs.
- Ensure that first aid supplies and other health-related activity supplies are available for use.
- Perform first aid, CPR, health-related activity, and crisis management as requested and required.
- Fill out Incident Reports as they relate to nursing and health issues.
Demonstrate teamwork, cooperation, and effective working relationships with campers, camp staff, supervisory staff, professionals, and others to facilitate service delivery and a positive organizational image.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers.
- Assist with the creation of policies and procedures for Camp nursing staff.
- On-call for any nursing issues that may arise.
- Adhere to the assigned work schedule; may be asked to work other/additional shifts.
Required to keep confidential the background, personal information, and individual service plans pertaining to individual campers. All information is to be kept in a locked, secure area and only be used on Courageous Acres premises.
● Setting includes outdoor activities in all types of weather, camper cabins, dining hall, arts cabin, and swimming pool as provided. Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens, bodily secretions, and communicable diseases.
● Required to work 5-6 days a week and maybe day or evening hours.
Occupationally Required Competencies and Qualifications:
RN Licensed in the state of Ohio. At least (1) one year of experience in the field of developmental disabilities. Displays knowledge of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Ohio Department of Health, and Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions. A satisfactory FBI/BCI
criminal background check required prior to employment. Must obtain or become certified in First Aid/ CPR.
The schedule will be set, varying between 5-6 days per week. Pay periods will be bi-weekly. Contract for pay is based on experience. Appropriate taxes will be withheld.
For more information or to request an application contact:
Courageous Community Services, Inc.
12701 Waterville-Swanton Road
Whitehouse, OH 43571