BRYAN AREA FOUNDATION
Accountability: Board of Trustees: reports directly to the Chairman of the Board
Positions Supervised: All Professional and Support Staff
Job Purpose: To provide professional leadership and assistance to the Board of Trustees & Officers in all matters related to the accomplishment of the Foundations’ goals: to implement Board policies; and to coordinate the overall grant-making, development and direct administrative activities of the Foundation.
- PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Works with the Board in developing organizational goals, objectives and long-range planning.
- Provides for the implementation of Board policies and plans.
- Regularly reviews with the Board progress toward the established goals.
- Administrates the overall grant program.
- Develops and manages Foundation operating budget.
- Ensures Foundation compliance with all IRS and other federal, state, and local laws, consulting with legal counsel as required.
- DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Works to increase the assets of the Foundation, building and maintaining relationships between the Foundation and donors/prospective donors.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the Foundation to the general public and other organizations and entities.
- STAFF OVERSIGHT
- Responsible of the hiring, firing, and supervision of all Foundation staff. With staff, develops work plans and staff objectives.
- Works with Board to develop personnel policies and procedures.
- BOARD RELATIONS
- Works with the Board Chairman in planning and preparing Board meeting agendas. Facilitates the timely preparation and distribution of information needed by the Board for each meeting. Prepares and distributes Board meeting minutes in a timely fashion.
- Attends all Board meetings and report progress, major problems, new developments, and other matters of concern.
- Provides staff support for all Board committees. Facilitates the preparation and dissemination of information needed by each committee.
- Meets regularly with the Board Chairman and other Board members as appropriate, supplying background information and clarifying issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Computer/Software Skills
- Excellence People Skills
- Knowledge of Non-Profit Management, Accounting and Compliance
- Supervisory Experience
Please send resume by March 1, 2020 to:
Bryan Area Foundation
PO Box 651
Bryan, Ohio 43506
The Bryan Area Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.