Apply Online at: www.sunshine.org/careers/
Sunshine Communities is a nonprofit organization that provides support to people of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities by offering services that enable all of us to build relationships that enhance our lives through mutual caring and growth. We do this by providing residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic and recreational services across three counties and at our beautiful campus in Maumee, Ohio.
With the oncoming retirement of our current Chief Financial Officer, we are starting our recruitment process to hire a highly skilled, long-term, committed Chief Financial Officer to provide both operational and programmatic expertise to the organization and to lead our finance and billing departments with the financial planning process while applying standard accounting practices and reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer. As a member of our Executive Team, the CFO is responsible for taking a leadership role and contributing to a positive organizational tone, culture and climate.
- Oversees and directs billing, budgeting, audit, accounting, long range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization. Has strong understanding of the various Medicaid revenue streams in which Sunshine participates, and recommends ways in which to maximize that revenue.
- Responsible for procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services. Oversees and reviews the development and distribution of financial reports needed by management and the Board of Directors to make sound decisions.
- Reports financial results to the various Board of Directors and Finance Committees.
- Appraises the organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports on organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of budget programs.
- Contributes to the preparation and issuance of the corporation’s annual report.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution, and determines their financial impact.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with financial institutions, and the investment community.
- Manages directly or indirectly 6-8 employees in the department.
- Master’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 4-10 years of CFO experience or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization or Healthcare organization
- Experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including Medicaid billing and grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Successfully able to pass pre-employment criminal background check, education verification, drug-test, physical and past employment reference and verification.
Financial peace of mind is key to great care. Sunshine offers these great benefits – and more!
- Comprehensive Health package of Medical, Dental and Vision
- Salary Exempt Position
- Executive Level paid vacation and personal days
- Bonuses 3X per year
- 401(k) with company match
- Disability and life insurance
- Interest-free tuition loans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Member of an ERN (Employee Resource Network)
- Access to a Success Coach
- Training for advancement and promotion