Seeking an individual who will be responsible for the leadership, administration and oversight of the NOCAC Child Development Department. This person will work with a team to achieve programmatic and agency goals and objectives while ensuring compliance with all program requirements and regulations.
Anticipated start date: January 2022
Schedule: Monday-Friday, exempt
Wage: $58,000 annual salary
To apply: https://nocac.org/job/child-development-director-2/
- Gain and maintain a complete understanding of regulations, requirements, policies and procedures of the Head Start/Early Head Start program, Early Childhood Education (ECE) program, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CAFCP), Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and any other related programs.
- Direct each program to ensure all programmatic goals and objectives are met or exceeded per funding source requirements/regulations in the provision of services to consumers.
- Working collaboratively as a member of the NOCAC management team and with the NOCAC Board to strategically plan and work toward continuous organizational development, improvement and excellence.
- Provide open and regular communication with supervisor, management team, subordinate staff, Policy Council, Community Partners, funding source contacts and as required with the NOCAC Board.
- Supervise assigned staff. Proactively and constructively provide ongoing formal and informal feedback related to performance. Communicate regularly with subordinate staff individually and as a team.
- Ensure that all department staff are adequately trained and remain current on all Federal, State and local resources and regulations affecting program operations and consumers.
- Gain and maintain a complete understanding of fiscal regulations pertaining to each specific program within the department to facilitate oversight of allowable expenditures and to avoid unallowable costs.
- Facilitate an environment of regular, proactive, and constructive communication between supervisory and subordinate staff within the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, Public Administration or a related degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years demonstrated leadership experience that includes program and financial administration and supervision of employees.
- Three (3) years of experience in planning, grant-writing, reporting, evaluation of goals and outcomes in a Social Service or Head Start setting, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Must have a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license and be insurable under agency insurance policies.
What We Offer
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement w/ 6% match
- 15 paid holidays
Why work with NOCAC? Our Mission Statement says it best
The MISSION of Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission, Inc. (NOCAC) is to plan, develop and coordinate program and services designed to combat conditions related to poverty in Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding, Van Wert and Williams Counties. NOCAC provides opportunities to attain the necessary skills, knowledge and motivation to consumers that are necessary to become self-sufficient members of the communities in which they live.