Apply Online at: sunshinecareers.org
Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Graphic Designer will support the Communications efforts for Sunshine Communities, working with the Communications Manager and within the Community Relations department. The Graphic Designer will do this mainly through graphic design and creation of digital, printed, and promotional materials. The coordinator will also create content for social media, take photos, create videos, maintain archives, and provide support for any events or projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- (60%) Design graphics for any printed materials (donor publications, newsletters, flyers, advertisements, labels, cards, etc.), promotional items (t-shirts, giveaways, etc.), social media (ads, campaign themes, etc.), or any agency materials needed (signs, invitations, etc.) The Graphic Designer will spend time collaborating and listening to the design needs of internal departments while adhering to graphic design principles and creatively solving problems. This role will maintain brand standards by using appropriate logos, colors, and messaging.
- (25%) Provide consistent support to Sunshine’s retail locations (Sunshine Studios and Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts) through social media content creation, planning, and scheduling, along with designing and printing labels, event promotion, photos, and implementing marketing strategies.
- (10%) Assist Community Relations department with any projects as-needed throughout the year – celebration weeks, events, Giving Tuesday, donor needs, etc.
- (5%) Take, edit, and distribute photos from Sunshine events, while also maintaining digital and historical files.
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university, Graphic Design degree preferred
- 1-3 years related experience
- Microsoft Office experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)’
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken communication.
- Comprehensive health package (medical/dental/vision/life/disability)
- Bonuses 3x per year (4% of annual wages) paid in April, August and December
- 401(k) with company match, starting at 60 days
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Access to a Success Coach
- Interest Free Tuition and Emergency Loans
- Annual Service Awards
- Transportation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Advancement through Sunshine U