Diabetes Youth Services (DYS)
Location: 2100 W Central Avenue Suite 110 Toledo, OH 43606
Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Program Development
Hours Per Week: Full Time, 30-40 hours
Benefits: Generous paid time off, health care reimbursement, retirement contribution
Purpose: The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational and recreational components of DYS programs and fundraising opportunities aligned with the DYS mission. The Community Outreach Coordinator will also work to connect with current and potential donors and inform them about DYS Programs and Services. This position will work closely with our families and children to introduce to the organization, connect with peer mentors in our community, and provide programming to help the family manage both the emotional and physical demands of diabetes.
Specific Skills and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Director of Program Development to provide operational planning, budgets, implementation and evaluation of all programs and events.
- Plan, market, and implement fundraising opportunities to benefit DYS Camps and Programs. Coordinate with volunteers including coordinating background checks when necessary.
- Assists with the planning, organizing and coordination of volunteers and staff for Hot Shots Camp sessions- approximately 5 per year.
- Preparation and analysis of program and service reports and other reporting as necessary.
- Maintain and monitor social media, field phone calls and emails from constituents seeking assistance.
- Coordinate mailings/outreach to families and potential/recurring donors.
- Work with Director of Program Development to develop, maintain, and implement new opportunities to educate kids and families living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Supports and participates in other aspects of office operations, such as school support, as requested by Director of Program Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Communication, Education, Non-Profit Management, or comparable experience.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about type 1 diabetes management and care.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with and enjoys working with children.
- Public speaking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable schedule.
- Ability to travel within the DYS service area.
- Must possess management skills necessary to efficiently plan activities within policies and procedures, multi-task and manage short and long-term projects, maintain positive working relationships, respect rights of others, demonstrate initiative and accept accountability.
- Accessible for meetings before and after normal work hours as necessary to fulfill meetings and programs throughout our 34-county service area.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Other duties as required.
Interested candidates please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] by October 31, 2022.