Bittersweet Farms is a residential, educational, and vocational facility for individuals with autism. We are currently seeking a part-time Community Outreach Specialist (COS) to oversee recreational programs offered in the Northwest Ohio area. The COS is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of Friday Night Fun and Social Living Club, Summer Camp, and community based programs for teens and adults with autism. This includes ensuring proper assessment, coordination, teaching & training, delivery, documentation, and analysis is taking place. The COS also serves to assure quality within all areas of activities by knowing and applying, as well as teaching and addressing infractions and other barriers to successful outcomes as they arise. The COS may also be requested to present informational presentations given as requested by various organizations within the community.
- Participant health and safety, rights, & dignity
- Leading and assisting with the development and fruition of the summer camp program
- Individual participant growth and development (Physical, educational, social, emotional)
- Community building, integration, & Adherence to governing rules and regulations
- Community Enrichment staff growth and development
- Contributory involvement in team process (including communication and collaboration with the individuals and their guardian/family members)
- Maintaining integrity of BSF philosophy, service quality, and public relations
- Fiscal efficiency
- Organization of required resources (material & personnel)
Hours: 24-28 hours per week, hourly, non-exempt. This position is eligible for PTO.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- One to Three years experience as a DSP
- One to Two years of related experience (leadership, activity planning, scheduling)