Bittersweet Farms is a world renowned leader in serving individuals with autism. We are seeking a full time Day Program Leader in Whitehouse, Ohio. This positon provides direct support, training and oversight to the Direct Support Professional team, as well as a variety of administrative responsibilities. Some responsibilities include:
- Assist leadership in communicating with families, parents and guardians regarding any concerns or progress
- Act as a mentor to new employees hired in the day program
- Assist the individuals in creating active schedule while ensuring access to several opportunities on the farm and community using Bittersweet’s MAPS philosophy and individual choices.
- Screen incoming employees through questionnaire and temperature check prior to their shift
- Assist in coordination of the Friday Music Vine
- Continued professional behavior at all times and consistent with Bittersweet’s culture, mission, core values, philosophy, and policies and procedures, including treating individuals with dignity and respect
- Work in partnership and purpose with individuals with autism daily
- Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity and commitment
- Attend all mandatory meetings, trainings, events and in-services as required
- Responsible for documentation management and ensuring documentation is completed accurately by employees in designated program area
- Act as a liaison between DSPs and management
Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or other developmental disabilities in a Direct Support Professional (DSP) capacity is strongly preferred. Minimum of high school diploma, college degree preferred. Valid driver’s license with the eligibility to be insured is required.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
- 18% cell phone carrier employee discount
- Assistance with getting reliable transportation, child care, affordable housing, food assistance program, counseling, learning basic computer skills, budgeting assistance, credit counseling and several other opportunities through the Employee Resource Network with a success coach