DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION The Down Syndrome Association of Greater Toledo (DSAGT) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, founded in 1984, that serves individuals with Down syndrome and their families throughout 17 counties in Northwest Ohio and 6 counties in Southern Michigan. The mission of the DSAGT is to empower all individuals with Down syndrome to achieve their goals and reach their fullest potential by providing support, education and advocacy not only for the individual, but also their families and communities. We envision a community where all individuals with Down syndrome are accepted, included, and given limitless opportunities to pursue their dreams as respected members of society.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION The Development Coordinator will be creating and overseeing a system that cultivates and stewards several key donor groups. These donors help us build a base of ongoing and faithful supporters who have both the capacity and inclination to give in impactful ways. They will be our annual donors, monthly donors, major donors, and corporate sponsors.
Hours Per Week: 20-25 hours/week, part-time; full-time hours and salary could be offered
Salary/Pay: $26,000-$32,000 (depending on hours and experience)
Benefits: Available as part of compensation package
Position Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
The position will remain open until it is filled. DSAGT is not obligated to fill the position if circumstances and need changes. If interested send a resume, statement of interest, and three professional references to Krista Jensen, Executive Director, at [email protected]. Interviews will be virtual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fundraising and Development:
- Develop and execute a stewardship plan for individual donors, working to secure annual, monthly, and major gifts.
- Research historical, current, and new donors to identify potential sources of major gifts, planned giving, and other gifts.
- Plan and implement annual giving campaigns, including but not limited to, direct mail, matching gifts, monthly giving and online giving.
- Implement and oversee a planned giving program for purposes of increasing the perpetual support of the organization’s program, services, and endowment.
- Maintains and grows corporate relationships, including solicitation of program and event sponsorships.
- Cultivate donor prospects and execute moves management through donor cycle
- Support the maintenance of donor information in the database.
- Work major DSAGT fundraising events, including the Danny Celian Memorial Golf Tournament and Toledo Buddy Walk
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Collaborate with Executive Director to enhance public awareness of DSAGT’s presence, mission, and activities via web, social media, print material and in-person events.
- Represent DSAGT in public by attending annual events and other existing programs where the board requests attendance.
Organizational Development / Training:
- Option to attend the annual Affiliates in Action national conference.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Board of Directors to update annual strategic plan
- Increase philanthropic support.
- Research and identify resources to secure funding from private and corporate foundations and government sources supporting the organization’s revenue goals.
- Compile, write and edit grant applications exhibiting organization’s alignment with grant requirements.
- Exhibit strong expository writing skills and a high command of grammar and spelling.
- Manage the grant application process to ensure grant deadlines are met in timely fashion.
- OR identify and work with a qualified granter writer to do the above tasks.
Experience with the following:
· Solid understanding of contracts management and compliance.
The Down Syndrome Association of Greater Toledo recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse staff that represents the population we serve.