Position Title: DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Department: RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Location: TOLEDO OFFICE, HYBRID
FLSA Job Status: FULL TIME, EXEMPT
Salary Range: $45,000 – $65,000.00
Reports to: VP, Development Operations
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
This role is accountable for achieving fundraising goals within a portfolio of corporate campaign accounts, individual donors of all levels, including major gifts, and other fundraising sources utilizing year-round strategies designed to build and maintain superior relationships, cultivate donors and engage volunteers in the work of United Way of Greater Toledo in order to meet and exceed measureable revenue goals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets.
- Inspire and mobilize individual and corporate donors to give, advocate and volunteer by discovering their interests
- Utilize knowledge gathered from donor meetings to develop and implement year-round strategies to engage donors.
- Execute on short- and long-range strategic fund-raising goals and objectives.
- Work with appropriate staff to create and implement a prospect research and prospect management strategy. (Moves Management)
- Partners with Engagement staff to recommend and implement programs, including recognition, to engage, cultivate and steward workplace donors.
- Partner with Community Impact staff in understanding programs, developing funding linkages and opportunities for segment donors.
- Work with other departments to ensure cross-functional collaboration and information sharing.
- Recruit, engage, and manage volunteers and provide them with leadership and direction in support of the cultivation and solicitation of individual donors and prospects.
- Maintain ANDAR Database as a tool to help build relationships by keeping accurate and up to date account records.
- Utilize Andar to support data-informed decision-making about workplace accounts, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and develop work plans which maximize potential for giving.
- Develop annual and multi-year measurement tools for assessment of current efforts and opportunities for progress and advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four (4) years experience in fund raising, sales or relationship building. CFRE is preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Or, a comparable combination of education and work experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Works appropriately and enthusiastically with others and responds appropriately.
- Knowledge of business and social community.
- Proven ability to work with people and build relationships.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated numerical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports, present data in an understandable form.
- Ability to work independently, self motivated.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of standard office hours.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail, being a team-player and a positive attitude are necessary.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking and writing.
- Strong ability to analyze data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in use of relevant software.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer