Help us redefine what is possible and make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet is seeking full time and part-time employees to work second shift as Direct Support Professionals to help enrich lives and make a difference while providing you with a valuable work experience. Direct Support Professionals teach, mentor and positively impact the lives of individuals with disabilities by assisting with activities of daily living, promoting independence, facilitating various methods of communication, and so much more! Enjoy the outdoors on our working farm, hiking in Oak Openings, and participating in community trips. A rewarding career path for those interested in disability studies, nursing, health care, social work/ social services, education, direct care, home health and those with a desire to help others.
Requirements: High school Diploma or GED; No experience necessary; paid training provided.
*Responsibilities of Direct Support Professionals:
• Provide person-centered supports which requires flexibility, creativity, and commitment
• Work in partnership with participants
• Promote communication, choice, independence, socialization, and empowerment for the participants
• Provide accurate documentation of services provided
• Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
• Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
• Ability and willingness to verbally de-escalate crisis situations
What We Offer:
• Starting wage from $11.50 an hour
• 18% cell phone carrier employee discount
• Earn an additional $0.50 per hour shift for evenings, nights, and weekends
• Flexible part time and full time scheduling
• Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
• ERN (Employee Resource Network) Member with Success Coach