Bittersweet Farms is currently seeking a full time Director of Nursing to oversee our nursing team. Located in Whitehouse, OH on a picturesque 80-acre farm, Bittersweet Farms serves individuals with autism through a day program and residential services. Our Director of Nursing will manage the health, nutrition and well-being of our ICF residents and day program participants to maintain a healthy quality of life.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage all health and medication oversight on residents
- Supervises nursing staff including scheduling and performance to assure resident needs and regulatory and budgetary standards are met
- Oversight of delegated nursing training for our staff
- Maintain compliance with all governing regulations for an ICF, including Medicaid and Lucas County Board of DD
- Reviewing all Incident Reports and addressing any medical issues
- Provide education to participants and staff regarding detection of illness, disease prevention, infection control, hygiene, sanitation, wellness etc. as needed
- Collaborate with our Medical Director, physicians, pharmacists, parents/guardians, community agencies and other parties to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified issues
- Develop, maintain, and implement nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, Bittersweet philosophy, and programmatic policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- ADN required; BSN preferred
- Current Ohio RN license required
- Three years’ experience in nursing administration or a comparable management position
- CPR/ AED/ First Aid Certificate
- Must be flexible to meet nursing coverage and available on an “on call” basis
- Candidates should have strong critical thinking skills, possess a positive work ethic with patience, compassion, and flexibility required in an environment serving those with developmental disabilities.
- At least one year of experience preferred working with individuals with autism and/or other developmental disabilities.