The Ability Center (ACT) is a non-profit Center for Independent Living. Together, we will work to make our community the most disability friendly in the nation by increasing independence for people with disabilities, discovering true passions, and changing the community’s perception of disability.
The Director of Program Operations will have primary responsibilities for all consumer and assistance dogs’ programs. They will provide leadership, management, and the vision necessary to ensure that services operate consistently and ethically within the mission of the organization. This position will ensure that best practices are pursued in all programs, and that services align with the goals set forth in the strategic plan.
- The Director of Program Operations works with the leadership team to set the organization’s strategic goals. Will ensure that goals translate into operational objectives and are linked to the mission of the organization.
- Partner with the executive director to chart future growth, based on disability services needed in the community.
- Responsible for complementing the executive director and associate director roles, with a focus on program operations.
- Ensure that ACT services represent best practices, are consistent with philosophical principles, and are transformational in their outcomes.
- The director must ensure that processes, policies, and procedures are in place for all programs.
- Collaborate with associate director to determine outcome measures and key performance indicators for assessing how program objectives are being achieved.
- Review program progress reports and goal achievement data with the associate director and management team.
- Based on outcomes data, must be able to create corrective measures, shift processes, and make program changes.
- Celebrate program achievements and share consumer success stories with the marketing team.
- Manage and provide guidance, and training to program directors.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of programs, ensuring all team members have the tools necessary to be successful.
- May develop and implement initiatives to expand programming in all or part of our service area.
- May be required to travel to satellite offices, consumer locations, community locations, vendor locations, meetings, seminars, and/or professional meetings.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer at least five years of progressive management/leadership experience preferably in program operations. Experience in the following areas required: strategic organizational planning, financial management, resource development, and personnel management. Exceptional leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills required. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage people, and a proven track record in program development. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Essential Physical Demands: The director may remain stationary for periods of time in a workstation, operate a phone, computer, copier, and printer. The director will frequently communicate with others and may do so in various ways. The director may frequently move from one office space to another, meeting spaces, and occasionally from one building to another. The director will meet with individuals on and off site at various locations throughout our service area. The director may operate a personal and/or company owned vehicle.
At the Ability Center, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of belonging by changing perceptions, and discovering true passions. Our employees are our most valuable asset. Your life experiences, self-expression, and unique capabilities represents our team, and the diverse communities we serve.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer.
The Ability Center is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit the careers page of our website to apply or fax resume to 419-885-5005.