The East Toledo Family Center is looking for someone that has experience with working with children birth -3, who also has supervisor skills.
1. Ensure delivery of high quality developmentally appropriate early childhood education experiences that facilitate growth and development, promote school readiness and comply with Federal Head Start Performance Standards.
2. Supervise home-based program ensuring full implementation of the Growing Great Kids curriculum; advise and provide support on screening, assessment, planning, and curriculum implementation.
3. Monitor and support implementation of lesson plans and goal documentation and ensure they incorporate parent engagement, individualization, IFSP goals, and multi-cultural and multi-lingual support.
4. Develop and ensure a regular schedule for conducting home-based program observations; ensure goals are established to strengthen home visiting practices and improve child and family outcomes.
5. Ensure quality home visitor-parent-child interactions; assist home visiting staff with planning and implementing new strategies that will improve interactions. Support staff in fully implementing their identified curriculum including Conscious Discipline and Growing Great Kids, and the ongoing assessment system Teaching Strategies GOLD.
6. Work closely with the EHS Education/Mental Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Parent, Family and Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure implementation of service areas into home visits.
7. Provide support for effective transitions for children and families as they move from one setting to another including transition from EHS to HS and from home-based EHS to center-based EHS.
8. Identify areas for staff growth and professional development; organize and provide mentoring/support to new home visitors.
9. Organize and/or attend staff, parent, community and state meetings to build effective relationships, provide training, report updates and stay informed on the latest research and best practices in the Early Childhood field.
10. Ensure a team approach to service delivery; communicate, coordinate and collaborate with internal staff and external partners as appropriate.
11. Maintain and monitor records and submit accurate reports and requested information on a timely bases.
12. Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include the following:
- Interview, hire, and train employees.
- Plan, assign, and direct work.
- Appraise performance.
- Reward and discipline employees.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Bachelor degree in ***early childhood education, human services, social work, or related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume to Stacic@etfc.org
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour