Toledo GROWs seeks an Education Coordinator. This is a year-round, full-time position, with benefits. Some evening and weekend hours are required. This position is primarily responsible for developing, scheduling, and implementing educational programs for youth, overseeing educational programming for adults, and spearheading educational efforts on social media. Programming for youth includes curriculum development, in-class programs and field trips to the urban farm, and educational opportunities and materials for those who teach youth. Programming for adults includes working with other staff to develop and schedule workshops and other programs, as well as implementing those programs. Social media efforts are focused around developing and posting educational content, as well as assisting with general marketing content and posting.
E-mail resume and cover letter to Yvonne Dubielak, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 19, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop curriculum for youth education programs, aligning with state curriculum standards.
- Develop and implement a system of pre and post activity evaluation for all educational offerings.
- Research and develop opportunities to provide in-service and materials to assist teachers in better educating youth about growing and eating healthful food.
- Serve as a resource for garden leaders of youth-focused gardens, connecting them with educational opportunities and ideas for engaging youth in the garden.
- Function as an educator/presenter for on-site field trips to Toledo GROWs and for in-class or in-garden presentations given off site, including set up and clean up.
- When appropriate, represent Toledo GROWs at education events, conferences, and workshops, as an attendee and/or presenter.
- Promote and schedule educational offerings to appropriate audiences, including necessary documentation, billing, and tracking payment when applicable.
- Work in conjunction with other Toledo GROWs staff to develop and schedule educational programming for adults, and implement the majority of the adult programs.
- Adhere to deliverables for appropriate grants, document according to grant requirements and provide reports as necessary.
- Inventory and maintain curriculum materials and supplies.
- Spearhead efforts on social media, both to educate the community and for promotion of Toledo GROWs.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and preferred skills:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in education, science, or related field and two years’ experience working with a range of children
- Proven interpersonal communication skills with diverse populations, appropriate age level teaching skills, creativity and passion
- BCI/FBI background screening for working with youth
- Excellent organization and communication skills for recordkeeping, project planning and goal-setting
- Strong willingness to learn, flexible, adaptable
- Creative problem solver, willing to work with a team to contribute skills, knowledge, and experience in assisting to carry out the mission of Toledo GROWs
- Ability to work independently, quickly and carefully, and motivate others to do the same
- Strong computer literacy skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and social media platforms.
- Experience in and knowledge of gardening and healthy eating.
- Valid driver’s license necessary
Physical Demands & Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, hear and sit. The individual will be required to use hands for holding, grasping and feeling objects; reach with hands and arms; bend and squat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual will work inside and outside with others. At times, the work environment may be loud. May be exposed to extreme temperatures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.