Position: Enrollment Specialist
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $28,000.00 to $38,000.00
Stipend: $450 monthly
Leave: Holidays & Earned Paid Time Off
Merit Raise: Eligible
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Ohio’s mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better forever. An Enrollment Specialist’s responsibility is to provide support for those relationships, primarily through phone calls and emails, to ensure the following: child safety; positive impacts for youth; constructive and satisfying relationships between volunteers, children, and families; and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBSNWO, especially on the part of volunteers.
The Enrollment Specialist reports directly to the Community Program Manager or their designee. This position is 40 hours per week, which includes some after-hours shifts. Office hours are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, and are determined by the need of the agency. Occasional weekend hours may be required. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for promotion.
Essential Responsibilities, Competencies & Behaviors:
- Plan, schedule, and implement recruitment activities throughout the year and coordinating staff support necessary for activities
- Manage data/tracking for activities, including reservations, attendance, etc.
- Assist in collecting and aggregating evaluation data to ensure positive outcomes and enrollment goals
- Conduct standardized volunteer and client enrollment for Site-Based and Community-Based programs to determine the appropriateness for the program in a timely manner
- Identify suitable potential matches and conduct in-person match meetings in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing support through in-person, email, or telephone contact for the assigned matches to achieve the length of the match, closure, and outcome evaluation goals.
- Communicate openly with all stakeholders in a manner that is productive, respectful, and sensitive to diversity.
- Engage and steward volunteers throughout enrollment and match relationship.
- Provide ongoing resources to caseload including, but not limited to: crisis intervention and referrals for counseling; advocacy; information and referrals to access resources and problem resolution.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation in Matchforce, including standardized file documentation for each match.
- Return calls promptly and follow through with commitments, providing excellent customer service.
- Assist with group match meetings and coordination of services
- Work effectively with partnering sites, corporate, community, and schools
- Develop marketing materials and social media to promote activities
- All other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to work individually while positively contributing to a team environment.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to use time effectively and focus on details while meeting agency goals related to quality and safety.
4. Computer competence (i.e., Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google Docs, Database Management).
5. Strong relationship-building skills.
6. Comfortable with and able to connect with others via phone and email.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks at once while prioritizing deadlines.
1. A minimum of an Associate’s degree. In Social Work, Family or Human Services is preferred. If you are within six months of completion, waivers are provided on a case by case.
2. Pass the Department of Criminal Investigation, Department of Transportation, and Child Abuse Registry background checks according to the organization’s standards.
3. Possess a valid (United States) driver’s license.
4. Ability and willingness to travel locally.
5. Displays a sense of cultural competence and has experience practicing inclusivity amongst a variety of populations.
6. Work a flexible schedule according to agency needs which may include some evening hours and occasional weekend hours.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
For more information: (419) 243-4600