The Executive Assistant plays a vital role is supporting the Executive Director by performing a multitude of duties. The ideal candidate will be an organized professional who is a specialist at administrative support. They will provide assistance to the Executive Director, Development team, and Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant will be a strong representative for the Executive Director and is responsible for facilitating communication between staff, board members, donors, stakeholders, and the Executive director’s office.
- Screen Executive Director calls as directed.
- Maintain Executive Director’s calendar by planning, organizing, and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Coordinate day to day operations effectively and efficiently.
- Attend internal/external meetings with Executive Director and provide administrative support during meetings.
- Prepare and coordinate agendas, timelines, correspondence, and materials for scheduled meetings as requested.
- Responsible for typing meeting notes, drafting/editing e-mails, letters, and preparing communications.
- Collects, compiles, and gathers data to prepare standard and complex reports.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records.
- Prospect research on prospective donors and update Donor Perfect database with information.
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters, and donor financial reports for Development/Board meetings.
- Compile and coordinate donor mailing lists for newsletters, event invitations, and appeals.
- Assist in Board recruitment, and the application process.
- Create and maintain Board committee rosters, track meeting attendance and terms of services.
- Prioritize and manage ALL matters confidentially, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business, or Disability Studies preferred. Minimum of three years’ experience supporting an executive, director, or manager. Must have demonstrated experience in an administrative support role. Non-profit or disability related experience is highly desired. Must have strong people skills, with the ability to interact and communicate in a professional manner. Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks at once. Be self-motivated and work proactively. Must have strong writing skills with the ability to format and write letters and other correspondence. Must type at least sixty words per minute. Must work with a diverse population in a polite, professional manner. Problem solving and project management experience helpful. Demonstrated knowledge using Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Donor Perfect.
Essential Physical Demands: The essential physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee in this position will need to remain stationary for periods of time while working in a workstation, office, or at a desk. The employee will operate/use a phone, computer, copier, and printer. The employee in this position frequently communicates with others and may do so in numerous ways as able. They may converse, convey, and exchange accurate information via phone, text, written, e-mail, or face to face. The employee may frequently move from one office space to another, meeting spaces, and occasionally from one building to another. The employee may have to move office items/equipment weighing up to twenty-five pounds. The employee will operate a personal and/or company owned vehicle to travel to and from meetings with the Executive Director as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment described within this job description will be encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently indoors, may have to go outdoors to move from one worksite to another if able. At times, this position will require extended work hours. The noise level in the work environment is considered low.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.abilitycenter.org/news/employmentopportunities/