Job Posting – Executive Director
The Sandusky County Communities Foundation (SCCF) is seeking an energetic leader to provide strategic direction and oversight for all aspects of the Foundation’s operations and programs. The ideal candidate for our Executive Director position will grow our organization in the future with the ability to cultivate a broad range of collaborative professional relationships with prospective donors, community leaders, staff, board, and other philanthropic and charitable entities within our region. The ideal candidate may come from a variety of career fields in either the for-profit or not-for-profit sectors and will have a passion for philanthropy and relationship building, as well as the ability to empower and inspire the community, its people, and its institutions resulting in an overall positive and lasting impact. The ideal candidate must be a proven self-starter and demonstrate skills in strategic and organizational leadership, decision making, and relationship building. The Executive Director is a full-time position that reports to and works in partnership with a dedicated group of volunteer Board members. The Director will work at the SCCF offices located at 1245 Napoleon Street, Fremont, Ohio.
Strategic Leadership/Vision | Relationship Building | Decision Making /Judgment /Self Starter/Trust Building/Organizational Leadership
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director will be a hands-on manager and will be responsible to:
- Manage and administer the day-to-day operations of the SCCF, including fiscal
management, program development, implementation, and public/community relations.
- Provide leadership, management, and direction to the SCCF.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the SCCF to the media and general public.
- Work as an effective partner with the Board in providing vision, strategy, and leadership.
- Confer regularly with the Chair and Executive Committee of the Board.
- Work as a team member with the Chair, officers, and various committee chairs to implement Board decisions.
- Assist with the development of goals and long-range planning and progress reports.
- Assist the Chair in planning and preparation of Board and Executive Committee agendas.
- Supply supporting information on relevant issues and develop strategies for implementing Board decisions.
- Attend all Board and Executive Committee meetings and the majority of all other standing committee meetings.
- Provide the Board and Executive Committee with complete, accurate and timely reports.Responsible for ongoing Board education and development.
- Assist the Finance Committee and the Board in developing an annual operating budget.
- Assist the Treasurer and the Finance Committee in diligently managing/monitoring all investments and reporting financial matters to the Board on a regular basis.
- Assist the Finance Committee and the Board in developing and implementing methods to build funds with a high priority on sustainability funding.
- Maintaining excellent communications with the Board of Trustees, community advisors, funders, donors, and grantees.
- Working with existing and potential donors to cultivate relationships, facilitate gifts, and build funds.
- Administer a community grant program, ensuring proper documentation and communicating with grant recipients.
- Working with non-profits, community organizations, and fund-holders to promote awareness of the SCCF and grant opportunities.
- Conduct site visits with grant recipients to monitor and document the progress of SCCF grants.
- Assist the advisor of BCT (Building Community Together), the foundation’s youth division, with coordination of activities and financial record keeping of the organization.
- Representing SCCF and its mission and values in Sandusky County, regionally, and Statewide. Interact with other foundations to share ideas and implement best practices.
- Providing leadership for SCCF strategic planning and skillfully managing its growth.
- Serve in the capacity of community leadership; responsible to partner with other community leaders to help develop and implement initiatives that enhance the community.
- Overseeing all special events, fundraising campaigns/or activities as defined by the Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience working with a Foundation or nonprofit.
- Familiarity with the mission and purpose of community foundations and the relationships to their constituencies.
- Familiarity with nonprofits and how they function.
- Experience in donor relations, fund development, grant writing and management, fundraising, or related skills.
- Knowledge of community resources in Sandusky County.
- Experience in research and evaluation of community foundation best practices.
- Computer skills and competencies preferred: Quick Books online, Microsoft Office 365, database management, website, and social media content management.
Primarily office work that requires occasional exertion up to 10 pounds. Also requires walking and standing at various functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation based on skills and experience
Paid time off
How to Apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and your resume via email (please PDF all documents) in c/o Angie Morelock to [email protected] Please include any minimum salary requirements. The search will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified; however, review of credentials will begin on January 10, 2023. A full job description can be found at www.sanduskyccf.org.