La Conexión, a Latinx community-based organization, is looking for an Executive Director. This is a full-time position with a flexible hybrid schedule. This impactful position will provide leadership and vision to carry, strengthen and amplify the work of the organization for years to come. The Executive Director works with the Board and staff to develop and implement programs and oversee the administration and strategic plan of the organization. This position requires a dynamic, visionary, and mission-driven leader who is passionate about leading hands-on operations and fostering growth. Applicants should be bi-lingual (Spanish-English). Position to start August 1, 2023.
ABOUT LA CONEXION
La Conexión was established in 2013 as a welcoming resource for unity, empowerment and representation for the Latinx and recent immigrant community in the broader NW Ohio region. We seek to empower the community for positive social change through capacity building and social justice initiatives. La Conexion is a 501c3 non-profit organization. For more information about La Conexion, please visit www.laconexion.online
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director will provide vision and leadership and work closely with the La Conexion Board in all aspects of the organization work, including:
- Develop and implement programs to respond to community needs; coordination and monitoring of members’ programs, including outreach/building base, capacity development, immigrant integration services, youth enrichment, and social justice. Work with the La Conexion outreach staff in maintaining membership lists and contact information.
Nurturing and building external coalitions
- Building relationships and collaborations with the community at large, social agencies, institutions, faith community, government and others
- Grant writing, managing donors, fundraising events
- Social media, promotion of the organization’s activities, media relations.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Board.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or Associate degree and substantive relevant experience
- 2 + years of organizing, social justice work, and/or non-profit experience
- Demonstrated commitment to Latinx issues, immigrant rights, and social justice
- Enthusiasm and vision for expanding and strengthening a Latinx community-based organization
- Strong organizational and people-oriented skills.
- Flexible schedule, ability to work evenings and weekends if needed.
- Fluent proficiency in Spanish & English is required
- Proficient computer/word processing, MS Office
- Excellent communication skills. Writing and presenting skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an insured car.
This wonderful opportunity offers the chance to play an important role in leading and growing an impactful nonprofit. Starting compensation includes a very competitive salary which is commensurate with proven experience. Flexible hybrid schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and your resume to: Search Committee, Executive Director, La Conexión, email [email protected]
Position to start August 1, 2023.