This position is primarily responsible for gift entry, data management, and donor stewardship for the development office at the Toledo Alliance for the Performing Arts, home of the Toledo Symphony and Toledo Ballet. This role includes daily gift entry and thank you letters, ongoing database management, and organizing TAPA’s donor stewardship activities. This position reports to TAPA’s Vice President of Development.
- Daily gift entry and deposit, including checks, credit card, and online gifts
- Prepare and send thank you letters and other donor correspondence
- Maintain donor database – eTapestry. Ensure accuracy of all gift and data entry.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain queries, lists, and reports for direct mail and other development activities
- Prepare donor lists and other information for Annual Report, other publications, etc.
- Respond to calls, emails, and correspondence regarding gifts and other development activities
- Organize and coordinate donor stewardship efforts, including events, publications, correspondence, and other activities.
- Plan and implement development special events, including managing RSVP lists and other event details
- Manage records and stewardship for sponsorships, endowments, and other development projects.
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Work closely with Finance Department on monthly reconcile, annual audit, and other tasks
- Work closely with Box Office to maintain donor stewardship efforts, daily gift entry, etc.
- Coordinate data sharing and coordination with other departments
- Assist with donor/prospect management and research
- Other duties as assigned to further TAPA’s mission and goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong overall computer skills, including ability to learn quickly multiple database programs. Knowledge of Blackbaud’s eTapestry preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and related software. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong attention to detail required
- Previous nonprofit organization experience preferred
- Commitment to working in a team-centered environment and dedication to TAPA’s mission
- Commitment to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics and the Donor Bill of Rights
Position open until filled, but priority consideration will be given to applications received by 7/29/22. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to
Vice President of Development
Toledo Alliance for the Performing Arts
P.O. Box 407
Toledo, OH 43697
Email: [email protected]