As a member of the Development Team, the Grant writer is responsible for identifying, writing, managing and monitoring various grant opportunities that align with the organization’s strategies. This includes nurturing funding relationships and working collaboratively throughout the organization to develop and write successful proposals that support and further the science center’s mission and goals.
This individual will report to the grantors and key Imagination Station stakeholders on fund utilization along with necessary evaluation and outcomes. This position requires an experienced and successful professional who is a top performer with outstanding organizational skills. This person has the proven ability to oversee and successfully execute all facets of the Imagination Station grant efforts.
We are open to considering various working arrangements to include full time, part time or contract work.
- Research and identify resources to secure funding from private and corporate foundations and government sources supporting Imagination Station revenue goals. The annual grant revenue goal exceeds $150,000.
- Work cross functionally with the science center team to fully understand and articulate program work and goals while nurturing positive and productive relationships with team members to ensure successful grant results
- Identify new key foundation grantors and coordinate the development of larger-scale grant proposals around science center initiatives and programs aligned with the grantors’ interests
- Compile, write and edit grant applications exhibiting Imagination Station’s alignment with grant requirements
- Exhibit strong expository writing skills and a high command of grammar and spelling
- Manage the grant application process to ensure grant deadlines are met in timely fashion
- Cultivate and steward productive relationships with new and existing corporate, private and government foundations on a local and national scale to broaden the base of grant support for IS
- Maintain and develop knowledge of current and evolving fund development, economic, political, legislative, technical, and general business trends that may affect Imagination Station’s ability to successfully receive grants
- Research and analyze statistical, social, economic and demographic data and literature to support Imagination Station initiatives and programs
- Manage reporting requirements associated with receiving grant funding or contracts in partnership with Imagination Station program staff and finance team as well as and grantor’s compliancy team
- Assist the development team in all annual planning efforts. and maintain grant revenue tracking reports
- Establish goals and complete required grant revenue tracking progress with both foundations and development department
- Meet and/or exceed all annual grant revenue goals
- Track and manage grant relationships and all relevant grant information in Versai donor database
- Assist with donor recognition, e.g., recognition materials, sponsorships, events, etc.
- Attend select community functions to network and promote Imagination Station with key individuals
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to conceptualize and develop strategies
- Proficient knowledge of and experience with Excel
- Strong problem solving, analytical and reporting skills
- Proven success in securing grants in one or more areas of non-profit, provide examples
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks within a constant state of increasing activity
- Strong attention to deadlines and commitments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in an office setting and adhere to human resource policies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and manage multiple priorities, organize, interpret, and communicate data
- Strong ability to develop relationships and to work with cross-functional groups
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
Imagination Station, Pure Science, Pure Fun
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience. If you are unable to complete our on-line application due to a disability, contact us at 419-214-9102 to ask for an accommodation or alternative application process.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER