Working at Girl Scouts is making a difference. We wake up every day knowing that our work is changing lives—giving girls and young women the tools to empower themselves for a lifetime of leadership.
We’re the preeminent leadership organization for girls, with close to 2.7 million girl and adult members and 112 councils across the country. We’ve been inspiring girls to achieve their full potential since 1912.
At Girl Scouts, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and commitment—and most importantly, a life-changing career. We have an array of opportunities for professionals in fields ranging from accounting, research, and marketing, to information technology, advocacy, fund development, and beyond. Every role contributes to helping girls discover themselves, connect with others, and take action to make the world a better place.
What you’ll be working on:
- Developing and managing a strategic plan of events, partnerships, resources, and budget for council-sponsored events and initiatives.
- Designing and providing oversight on programs and events that align with the organization’s mission and support the organization’s goals
- Ensuring program and event milestones and goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
- Cultivating and overseeing a portfolio of community-based partnerships
- Developing resources to support the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Manage Girl Scout program volunteers and administrative committees to support member retention and strategic goals and outcomes.
- Support the administration of volunteer-led day camps.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to work in a team environment with commitment to contributing to the organizational goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 25 pounds or more and lead activities across varied terrain.
- Ability to work night and weekend hours as needs dictate.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and functioning vehicle.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. GSWO is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
The annual salary for this position is $37,000 with a very comprehensive benefits package.