Human Resources Manager
Neighborhood Health Association- HR Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the human resources department and works closely with the Director of Human Resources in developing, implementing and evaluating HR initiatives aligning with the organizational strategic plan. job descriptions, and administration of a total compensation and benefits strategy that assures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct the routine functions and oversee the daily workflow of the human resources department in the absence of the Director of HR.
- Advises and assists managers on human resources issues including employee relations, job descriptions, and performance evaluations.
- Designs and administers NHA benefits programs such as health, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement, researching industry best practices and strategies for employee benefit programs and recommend additions or modifications to existing programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal laws and regulations governing employee benefits including Affordable Care Act (ACA) and ERISA. Prepares annual ACA and 5500 financial reports.
- Maintains knowledge of economic conditions and the labor market to ensure the organization offers a competitive benefits package intended to attract and retain employees.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize employee benefit data and trends to maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs and their financial impact on the organization.
- Responsible for annual benefits renewal and open enrollment and processes newly eligible benefit elections, terminations and qualifying events in carrier portals and payroll system.
- Answers questions and responds to requests from employees, insurance carriers, and insurance brokers regarding employee health and welfare benefits.
- Collects, applies, and documents benefit premiums for those on leaves of absence and administers COBRA.
- Maintains accuracy of organizational wage and salary data based on market adjustments, wage increases and added/eliminated job positions.
- Promotes and manage utilization of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including the drug free workplace program.
- Investigates employee accidents and coordinates workers compensation claims for Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC) in conjunction with third party administrator (TPA). Assists employees in completing accident report forms and reconciles billings associated with claims to insurance carrier.
- Manages the administration of FMLA including employee requests, communications, medical report forms and usage tracking.
- Review and respond to unemployment compensation claims with appropriate documentation and reconciles monthly unemployment statements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least four (4) years of human resource management experience required, preferably in a healthcare setting. Community health experience a plus.
- HR Certification SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
- Experience administering employee benefits plans for small and mid-size employers.
- Experienced in managing employee FMLA, Workers Compensation and unemployment claims.
- Experience working with HRIS systems including payroll and applicant tracking systems.
- Proficient in computer applications (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of industry personnel practices and federal and state employment laws.
- Strong leadership and planning skills with complex problem-solving ability and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Must be sensitive to cultural, religious, and ethnic diversity.
- Ability to work independently toward predetermined outcomes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet established schedules, timelines, or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality.
- Possesses a neat and professional appearance.
This is a full-time salary position, working 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, a matching retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, 11 paid holidays and generous PTO.
Please provide your salary requirements when you apply to be considered for an interview for this position.
Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, and health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this job at https://nhainc.bamboohr.com/careers/142