Under the direct supervision of the Director of Corporate Compliance, this position is responsible for leadership of information technology operations. Serves as project manager for infrastructure and helpdesk related projects. Responsible for the selection, implementation, and maintenance of all IT services and systems. Strives for superior performance by consistently providing a product or service to leadership and staff that is recognized as ultimately contributing to the patient and family experience. Recognizes and demonstrates understanding of patient- and family-centered care.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises and mentors all non-clinical IT staff, including helpdesk and IT analysts.
2. Evaluates, implements, maintains all IT systems and software.
3. Serves as project manager for all non-clinical IT related projects.
4. Reviews, evaluates and implements requests from user departments.
5. Directly responsible for the management and maintenance of a subset of systems and/or software applications shared amongst IT staff.
6. Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze problems, determine cause and initiate corrective action.
* Maintains a high level of interaction with all clinical areas to continually enhance/improve patient are and the end-user experience.
8. Shares on-call duties with other individuals within Information Services.
9. Coordinates and participates in both internal and external user group functions.
10. Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgement, diplomacy, tact and professional demeanor.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports hospital mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality statements, corporate compliance plan, customer service standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
DEPARTMENTAL AND ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for future planning and strategy for IT operations.
2. Stays current with technology through seminars, educational opportunities, and trade magazines.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field, or Associate degree and progress toward Bachelor degree completion required.
1. 5+ years of experience in IT field required.
2. IT leadership or supervision preferred.
3. Experience with server and/or desktop virtualization required.
4. Database administration knowledge preferred.
5. Experience in inter- and intra-departmental communications required. Highly effective and proven customer service skills required.
6. Healthcare experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES/MOTOR SKILLS
1. Able to travel independently throughout all NHA facilities
2. Small motor skills required for operating modern computer, office, and telephone equipment as utilized by NHA.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL ABILITIES
1. Proficiency using modern office, computer and telephone equipment as used by NHA
2. Basic computer skills are required including keyboarding, MS Windows and/or PC’s, thin clients, printers, and understanding of general technical concepts used in Healthcare Information Management.
3. Basic understanding of Client / Server computing, Remote Access, Server and Application monitoring.
4. Good understanding of project management; including project planning, budget, implementation and tracking.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ABILITIES
1. Ability to adapt and maintain focus in fast paced, quickly changing or stressful situations.
2. Ability to read and interpret a variety of documents including, but not limited to policies, operating instructions, white papers, regulations, rules and laws.
ESSENTIAL SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
1. Able to see for the purpose of reading information received in formats including but not limited to paper, computer, tablets, reports, bulletins, updates, manuals.
2. Able to see and hear for work-related purposes.
3. Must be able to lift printers, terminals, and other hardware not to exceed 25 pounds.
1. Ability to interact with co-workers, hospital staff, administration, patients, physicians, the public and all internal and external customers in a professional and effective, courteous and tactful manner, at all times, physically, verbally and in all written and electronic communication.
2. Required to remain calm when adversity is encountered.
3. Open, honest, and tactful communication skills.
4. Ability to work as a team member in all activities.
5. Positive, cooperative and motivated attitude.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org