Reports to: Director
Collaborates with: Volunteers, Staff, Community Partners, Clients
Salary: $14/hour with 3 weeks PTO accrual for full time
*Please submit resumes to [email protected]
The Toledo Animal Rescue Kennel Technician is a vital member of our team as we seek to fulfil
our mission. To qualify for this role, you must have a positive attitude and a genuine love for
dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes. In this role, you do more than feeding animals and cleaning
and disinfecting our kennels — you also learn animal care and behavior basics while providing
enrichment activities to ensure the health and well-being of the dogs and cats readying for
adoption. Having previous experience in a pet care environment or kennel management is a plus,
but we will provide training to the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain animal cages and kennels and other areas of animal use.
- Feed and provide water for animals in care.
- Perform animal intake protocol of strays or owner surrenders.
- Facilitate adoption visit
- Provide customer service that includes phone calls and in-person inquiries
- Administer medication as directed by Rescue Veterinarian • Work within our Team to implement daily enrichment activities.
- Assist in maintaining animal records, both in print and digital formats.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment, building, grounds and supplies.
- Perform any other animal care and Rescue duties as directed by the Director.
Major Essential Duties
- Be present and timely for the duration of each shift.
- Follow protocols for feeding and care of the animals.
- Follow appropriate animal handling and enrichment protocol.
- Present yourself professionally that adheres to the Rescue culture which includes.
behaving in a manner that promotes a fun, positive work environment.
- Apply knowledge, skills, requirements, and qualifications in the proactive performance
of Duties and Responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Experience providing animal care (highly preferred).
- Knowledge of animal behavior patterns and disease symptoms.
- Prior shelter or kennel experience preferred but not required.
- Must love dogs and cats!
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
- Adherence to the applicable provisions of the Toledo Animal Rescues Policies &
Procedures, and any other procedures, rules, regulations, and
policies set forth by appropriate authorities.
- Must have personal integrity and remain free of felony convictions.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Physical ability to work with dogs and cats of various breeds and sizes. Reasonable accommodations will be made when appropriate.
- Must be able to occasionally lift weights in excess of 50 lbs.
Toledo Animal Rescue is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees, volunteers and visitors.