Lead Job Coach
Engaging Opportunities Foundation is currently seeking a Lead Job Coach to provide skills training to individuals with cognitive disabilities who work at Christy’s Corner Cafe.
In alignment with the mission of the Engaging Opportunities Foundation (EOF), the Lead Job Coach should possess a desire to enhance the lives of individuals with special needs while providing quality job training with respect and patience.
To be successful in this role, the Lead Job Coach will have experience in some capacity with individuals with special needs and experience working in a kitchen environment.
Individuals with special needs who are employed by Christy’s Corner Café (CCC) are referred to as “clients.” The Lead Job Coach recognizes and understands the diverse learning needs of our clients and provides structured training to meet the individual’s and CCC’s goals. It may be necessary to use non-traditional methods for this teaching/training to include, but not be limited to: Extra time, repeating demonstrations, role play, written directions, picture directions, and other modalities as appropriate to the client. Some clients may not be able to do some tasks at CCC due to mental, physical, emotional, or behavioral disabilities, and training clients may require more quality checks and redirection.
The Lead Job Coach will encourage customer service engagement with our clients, and maintain a safe and inclusive work environment. To do this the Lead Job Coach will be responsible for:
- Becoming proficient in all areas of Café operations, and working side-by-side with staff, clients and volunteers to perform day-to-day operations of the Café
- Training clients, employees and volunteers on job tasks associated with Café operations
- Working with and being with clients 1:1 on all client job related activities at all times
- Creating individualized job training and life skills plans for clients. Specifically, this means:
- Providing written goals adhering to SMART guidelines (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time frame)
- Providing a system for objectively monitoring the progress of each client’s goals using an objective rating scale with numerical scores
- Conducting end of shift client assessments for every shift and client in conjunction with Job Coach(s)
- Providing monthly feedback to clients and parent/guardian(s) regarding client’s progress toward goals
- Providing written progress reports for client personnel files
- Having a face-to-face conference with the employee (and parent/guardian if appropriate) at least quarterly, or more frequently if necessary, to discuss progress toward goals
- Providing individualized documentation of advanced and long-term client goals
- Work with parents, caregivers and or providers to develop a meaningful schedule that meets the individual needs of the client.
- Motivating clients to reach their goals
- Contacting and providing employment outreach for our clients
- Providing goal-oriented activities for our clients when appropriate
- Assessing Job Coach applicants to appropriately match Job Coach(s) with clients. This may include participating in the interview process for hiring.
- Keeping the Café Manager aware of inventory needs
- Being proficient with Point of Sale (POS) transactions, including opening and closing functions
- Acting on behalf of the Café Manager when directed
- Assisting in marketing using social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Following cleaning routines and schedules
- Providing quality control of outgoing products and services
- Providing documented performance reviews for Job Coach(s) no less than yearly
- Maintaining a safe and inclusive work environment
- Assisting in keeping Café in compliance with state and local Health Department regulations
JOB SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Successfully complete Food Safety Certificate (Ohio Person in Charge, 3-hour course) within 2 weeks of start date
- Minimum High School diploma or GED
- Proficient with iPad technology, including experience with Square POS
- Proficient with social media posting, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Patient, open-minded, and even-tempered personality
- Excellent verbal and culturally appropriate communication skills
- Ability to establish constructive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing restaurant environments
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Read and understand the CCC Employee Handbook
WORK HOURS/EMPLOYMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Job Coach’s hours will be flexible and must be available to work during opening and closing hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
The Lead Job Coach will report to and take work direction from the General Manager. The Lead Job Coach also will take direction from the Café Manager as it relates to Café operations. From time to time, the EOF Board of Directors may direct work.
Job Coach(s) will report to the Lead Job Coach.
Interested parties should email Director at [email protected]
Please include a cover letter and resume