Position Title: Learning Experience Coordinator
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Manager of Learning Experiences
Junior Achievement of Northwestern Ohio (JA) believes students should graduate from high school with a vision of future success and a defined path(s) needed to get there. We empower students to be more deliberate about their future, connecting them with a direct link to life after high school by exposing them to potential career opportunities through engaging mentors from the business community. We believe we are helping to develop the future talent for our community, securing the future of our companies and our economy.
This position is responsible for implementing and expanding JA Learning Experiences. Works with the Manager of Learning Experiences to develop the yearly planning calendar for all learning experiences and events and interacts with Board committees as needed.
- Working with schools in-classroom and community after-school programs to coordinate JA Learning Experiences
- Educator & volunteer outreach/recruitment, training, and technical assistance/support
- Logistics, placement, and schedule of trained volunteer mentors.
- Procurement and delivery of all learning experience materials, including JASCO kit orders and blended learning. Kit Preparation. Distribution of materials and inventory updates.
- Verification Surveys & Final Evaluations
- Assure adherence to program implementation models and file all needed class registration forms, program variances, reporting, and year-end program verification to JA USA.
- Data Management in BCRM; Class confirmations
- JA Engage, JA Connect/Digital Career Book, JA PAS
- Connection and coordination of District Advisory Committee Learning Experiences
- Responsible for validating all grant requirements and assuring compliance. Tracking, scheduling, and facilitating submissions for reoccurring grants and reporting. Identify and submit new grants when applicable.
- Tracking and facilitating JA Scholarships
- Support special events and other projects as required.
- Attend Board meetings and prepare the minutes for approval.
- Standard administrative and other responsibilities; produce & send mailings, office organization, etc.
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to take on other duties and responsibilities.
- Proven experience in meeting deadlines and exceeding goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with good organizational skills.
- Accepts responsibility for delivering on assigned goals and deliverables.
- Can maintain composure in difficult situations and shift quickly to objective, problem-solving behaviors to deliver results.
- Participates in projects, tasks, meetings, and workplace interactions with positive enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates obvious energy in performing the role and serves as an engaged team member.
Growth & Improvement
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase industry knowledge and become a more substantial subject matter expert in the field.
- Willing to accept stretch goals and challenging projects to gain valuable experience and continuously develop as a professional.
Integrity & Trust
- Is dependable and earns the trust and confidence of coworkers and constituents through honest communication, ethical behavior, and professionalism in all interactions.
- Admits mistakes, and does not misrepresent self or information.
- Integrity, compassion, mission-oriented, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment, successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines, and support an engaging team dynamic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills emphasizing effective listening and the ability to translate concepts into language that connects with specific constituents.
- Organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and highly capable of working effectively with diverse groups.
- Forward-thinking problem-solver with critical thinking skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be willing to work an occasional evening and weekend day/night (minimal, as needed).
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
Junior Achievement Teamwork
- Contributes to meeting team deadlines and engages effectively with others to achieve goals.
- Maintains an approachable demeanor to encourage positive working relationships and promote effective clear communication.
- Demonstrates a willingness to pitch in to help team members succeed (even in areas outside their usual roles).
- Must be energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing various things ranging from routine/day-to-day to highly visible.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in education or business.
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), MS Teams
- Non-profit working environment (preferred but not required)
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle transportation to meet the position’s responsibilities.
The competitive benefits package includes employer-paid (95%) health and employer-paid (85%) dental insurance, life insurance, Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance, a robust PTO plan, and a 401k plan with an employer-paid match.
To apply, please send your resume to Erica Fischbach, email@example.com
This position in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an implied employment contract other than an “at-will” relationship. Junior Achievement of Northwestern Ohio, Inc. (JA) is an “at-will” employer. As such, employment with JA is not for a fixed term or definite period and may be terminated at the will of either party, with or without reason and without prior notice.