Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management duties of the Access Center (TAC) and Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program. Provide social services for patients of the Neighborhood Health Association, with an emphasis on addition medicine, which includes liaison and referral services to appropriate medical, social and community resources.
- To interview and assess the social service needs of patients in addiction medicine
- Conduct pre-visit assessments through telephone call with patients before their first PCMH appointment.
- Orients patients to all NHA services and refers to appropriate departments within the organization as patients’ needs indicate. Refers to outside services if not available in NHA
- Provides short-term and crisis counseling to patients
- Provides information and referral services to patients for social services and community resources.
- HIV/AIDS counseling/consent
- Assists in obtaining translation (Spanish/English) services to help patients access medical and community resources
- Assists patients with application process to PAP’s (Patient Assistance Programs)
- Arranges for home health care equipment for patients, as needed
- Follow-up on patients referred out for services and to resolve any breakdown in the referral process.
- Participates in departmental management and other meetings (i.e., daily team huddle)
- Work collaboratively with the PCMH Clinical Care Team.
- Work with the Clinical staff to develop an integrated treatment plan.
- Maintains required documentation in patient charts as directed by the agency policies and procedures
- Completes paperwork and all progress reports as assigned in a timely manner
- Be knowledgeable of all NHA service guidelines and regulations governing the practice of social work in Ohio
- Determines if patients are Title VI eligible and refers them to Mildred Bayer Clinic
- Provides certification process for Title VI patients and is back-up for homeless clinic staff when covering Mildred Bayer Clinic
- Attends conferences, workshops, meetings, etc. promoting public relations within the community for NHA and providing linkages between agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Professional Licensure Certification as Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- 2-3 years of experience working as a LISW/LPCC in addiction medicine environment
- Prior experience working with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- CPR/First aid Certified
- Minimum 1 year experience in field (2 years in a related field)
- Good communication and public relation skills
- Strong knowledge of community resources
- Must be able to work independently and with little or no supervision
- Well organized, self-motivated, and ability to work well with others
Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays
Excellent benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Life Insurance, PTO and 10 paid holidays.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
Please reply by sending resume to email@example.com