Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, and health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
General Function/Essential Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a positive, compassionate Manager of Senior Services who will:
- Ensure that our organization offers a wide array of services that are responsive to the medical, social and personal needs of the Seniors that we serve,
- Manage our 2 Senior Centers,
- Hire and supervise staff, volunteers and students, develop partnerships that assist in serving Seniors, help design and supervise activities when necessary,
- Speak to participants to get feedback, deliver fun, safe events on time and under budget.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Develop and oversee budget and program billing, manage community outreach and education in ensuring that all area Seniors know about and have access to services
- Degree or certification in recreational, geriatric or activities therapy,
- Minimum of 2 years in management/supervisory role
- Minimum of 2 years working in culturally diverse and low income environments
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Physical fitness, ability to walk, dance, stand, lift, or meet other physical demands.
- Adaptability and strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent resource management, computer, record keeping, interpersonal, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Documented patience and compassion when dealing with others, especially those who are sick, injured or elderly.
- Flexibility to work when needed, especially evenings, weekends, or early mornings.
- Willingness to adhere to and enforce all safety policies and procedures
Excellent benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Life Insurance, PTO and 10 paid holidays. Salary based on experience
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
Please reply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org