The Marketing & Communications Manager works closely with the Director of Advancement, Toledo region, and also in a lesser capacity with the Mission Advancement Manager in the Kentucky region, on local marketing and communications projects benefitting Mission Advancement priorities of the Sisters of Notre Dame regional offices in Toledo, Ohio and Covington, Kentucky. This role also serves as an integral member of the SND USA Mission Advancement team, focusing on national advancement and communication priorities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, creation and management of all internal and external communications using a variety of methods and mediums including, but not limited to, newsletters, mailings, brochures, video, website and social media platforms.
- Manage the social media presence for our Toledo and Kentucky regional mission advancement programs on multiple platforms, in collaboration with local and national priorities.
- Responsible for the development of appropriate messaging and branding enhancement to reflect mission advancement priorities.
- Capable of producing a monthly video series supporting mission advancement programs, including booking guests, scripting, filming, editing, etc.
- Assist in the execution of small and large special events and fundraisers, including work with vendors, printers, mail houses, venue managers, caterers, florists, etc.
- Serve on the SND USA social media Team and oversee Toledo and Kentucky regional contributions to national channels. Responsible for the admin, content, and growth of the Toledo and Kentucky regional groups and/or channels.
- Maintain the Toledo and Kentucky regional content on www.sndusa.org
- Serve as a member of the Toledo region’s Crisis Management Team. Keep regional plans up to date, on-board new members of the team as needed, and potentially serve in a spokesperson role.
- Provide administrative assistance when needed, including data entry, mail processing, research, inventory needs, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement, SND USA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong understanding of communication process and ability to adapt messages to target key audiences. Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Proven writing and editing skills. Ability to identify, create, and articulate ministry themes to a broad audience to engage and educate prospects on the opportunities for philanthropic support.
- Social media management, strategic planning, visual communication, on-brand content creation and design experience a must.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, creative and possess public speaking ability, time management skills, and problem-solving logic.
- Proficient in Excel and design software/platforms such as Canva, MS Publisher and/or Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to interact effectively with other regional offices and national ministry departments to market SND USA mission priorities effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, experience in fundraising or working in a non-profit setting preferred.
This position may entail evening and weekend work. Must live the mission of SND USA and maintain and build a positive work environment.
This position reports to the Director of Advancement, Toledo region.