Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
Responsibilities include monitoring the regulatory requirements under the HIPAA law, creating HIPAA privacy and security programs and introducing policies promoting compliance. This position is the liaison to the departments in the organization and responsible for educating the department managers to implement compliance.This position acts as a support to members of the PCMH Care Teams. The Medical Records Manager will work cooperatively with and interact with the patients and other team members to assist in the coordination of patient care and to achieve the stated patient and PCMH Team goals and objectives. PCMH goals and objectives include increased access to patient care, high quality patient care, and patient self-management of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with the coordination of staffing patterns for the medical records staff, which includes making daily assignments based on the organization’s medical records needs
• Responsible for the smooth and efficient flow of information to the appropriate medical record(s)
• Responsible for the completion and submission of reports and chart audits as assigned
• Performs performance management of medical records staff
• Resolves problems and difficulties relative to the medical records department in regards to patient needs
• Must be knowledgeable of all personnel and departmental policies and procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the policies and procedures for the medical records department are followed on a consistent basis
• Responsible for ensuring medical records department inventory is completed according to organizational policies and submit order requests for approval
• Represents the medical records department at organizational meetings as assigned and provides feedback as appropriate
• Acts as a liaison with other agencies that interact with the medical records department
• Knowledgeable of HIPPA regulations and standards
• Ensure the maintenance and completion of appropriate logs and records that are part of the medical records department
• Assists in the orientation and training of new and current medical record employees
• Attend training seminars when appropriate to keep updated on current HIPPA laws and medical records management
• Prepares departmental budget and maintains spending within approved budget
• Assigned to work in medical records as scheduled and serves as a back-up for medical records staff in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the department
• Strongly prefer three (3) years documentable medical records experience
• Three (3) years of experience in a documented HIPAA compliance role preferred.
• Bachelor degree from a health information management (HIM) program at an accredited college or university Comparable education and experience may be considered
• Two (2) years supervision experience
• Extensive familiarity with health care relevant legislation and standards for the health information and patient privacy
• Must be knowledgeable of medical records practices and utilization management
• Strong knowledge of dictation and purging medical record files
• Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
• Organizational and technical skills
• Ability to work under demanding conditions
• Strong team-player with time management capabilities
Position is full time: 8:00AM to 5PM (Monday – Friday)
We are a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
Please reply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org