The Wood County Historical Society is seeking a part-time (20-hours per week) Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support and good customer service in order to maintain museum operations. Candidates should have at least one year of office experience. Degree preferred. Direct any questions to 419-352-0967 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is July 1, 2022.
- Format and type letters, reports, and procedural documentation to assist with museum’s
- development and operational efforts.
- Ability to enter data accurately and develop effective reports and summaries.
- Welcome visitors, provide museum introduction, and assist with group tours.
- Provide informed customer service via phone, written correspondence, and personal
- Coordinate museum functions such as rentals and volunteers.
- Attend staff meetings and relevant committee meetings as needed.
- Assist with other museum operations as needed.
- Candidates should have at least one year of office experience. A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred. Experience with non-profit organizations a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, but with a collaborative style that fosters teamwork and cooperation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; spreadsheet functionality; database software such as Past Perfect, Microsoft Access, or equivalent; ability to demonstrate transferable technology skills from similar products.
- Event planning or marketing knowledge desirable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings.
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately using a cash register.
- Display integrity, discretion, and confidentiality in regards to the organization, its mission, members, and donors.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel within Wood County.
Average work week is 20 hours, but hours may vary depending on deadlines and time-sensitive tasks,
including some weekends and evenings to meet the public service needs of the Society and Museum.
The Admistrative Assistant is a regular part-time employee of the Wood County Historical Society, reports to the Society President or his/her designee, and follows directives of the Museum Director as appropriate and needed. Works directly for the Wood County Historical Society, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) community organization, and will not receive any compensation or benefits from Wood County or the Wood County Historical Society.
Pay rate is $15 – $17 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
The Wood County Museum is an educational tourist attraction and community resource annually serving over 14,000 visitors, students, and adult learners through tours, events, and educational outreach. The museum is managed jointly by the Wood County Commissioners, the Wood County Historical Society, and the Wood County Park District.
Applications should include a one-page letter of intent and interest, a current resume, and three reference contacts. Paper and electronic PDF submissions accepted.
Application deadline is July 1, 2022.
Wood County Museum
ATTN: WCHS Search Committee
13660 County Home Rd.
Bowling Green, OH 43402
E-mailed PDF submissions should be sent to email@example.com with “Search Committee” in the subject line.