Apply Online at: https://sunshinecareers.org/
The Network Administrator maintains information technology systems (including Server, LAN/ WAN and VoIP Systems). Provides additional support as needed to IT staff to support all technology use and assists in management of day to day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs required software/ hardware troubleshooting, patches, and software installations.
- Troubleshoot user Internet access issues from end to end.
- Deliver timely and high-quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis and prevention
- Active directory and Group policy knowledge and Microsoft IIS server administration,
- Ensure that strict network security is maintained in line with security policies and can be evidenced in line with audit requirements
- Operating system maintenance –Operating system configuration & troubleshooting.
- Monitor performance to identify and resolve system infrastructure problems.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration, security, and installation.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Communicates and coordinates network schedule, backups, and downtime to users.
- Responsible for local server and network inventory maintenance.
- Provides On-Call support as required
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Solid knowledge and strong experience with TCP/IP networking. Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy. Associates Degree in Information Technology- Network or systems administration is preferred. Minimum 4 years of network administration experience with strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. Ability to be a self-starter with little supervision. Hands on experience and Strong knowledge with VMware, business class firewalls and switching. Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2012 and more recent), MS Exchange, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, network design and implementation.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.